Monday, June 7, 2010

Summer Nights!

Summer nights are finally here! It took way too long. I'm so excited.

Brandyn built a fire-pit in their back yard. Shawn and I went and roasted some 'mallows on Saturday night. I was seriously looking forward to it all day. I love smores & campfires...just not camping. Sidenote: The Blymillers have a yummy twist to their smores. They put the marshmallow in between 2 Keebler cookies. I like to put mine with a reeses peanut butter cup and graham crackers.



How cute is this picture? Preslie snugglin' up with her uncle Shawn.

I heard that my husband had never had a banana boat so I bought all of the stuff to make them. They turned out really yummy!

Pays, Stace & Mick

Rick, Brandyn & Tal

I love Summertime!!!!!

Yesterday we went to my Mom's for a little bbq. My Dad & Spencer are in Seattle so it was just us with my mom & Kevin. It was such a nice relaxing day! My mom made a yummy lunch, we watched Seven Pounds, a couple episodes of Community, had fun catching up with Kevin (they all just got back from a trip to AZ and his gf Chantel with with them) & we went on a nice summer walk. It was SOOO hot out! It's crazy how it went from snow to really hot, all in like 10 days.

I wish I had my camera yesterday. I forgot it. But on our walk we went to the pond by my parents. Kevin saved this poor little fish that surely would have died with out being rescued. We went on this little trail thru the woods...that lasted like 20 seconds before Shawn started weezing from allergies and we heard a beehive. We took Maggie on the walk with us. She was so funny...stopping in every little patch of shade she could find.

Anyways...Love Summer!

2 comments:

  1. I second that... I love Summer. I've never had a banana boat either.. infact, I'm not so sure I've even heard of that. You'll have to post how to make one. I also love to use cookies on my smores but I'm going to have to try to peanut butter cup idea, that sounds fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! ;) I love s'mores too. Bring on summer...I'm not sure what we're having now. Oh well. Send me an email: jennaperego@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete