Monday, June 21, 2010

Busy Weekend

This weekend was filled with lots of fun stuff. Shawn left on Thursday for Boulder Colorado with his older boys for a soccer tournament. We were bummed I couldn't go but I had school on Friday. I decided to stay the weekend at my parents because I didn't want to be home all by myself. Thursday after work I headed out to my parents. My parents were gone for the night. I wanted to hang out with my brothers but they had better things to do so I hung out at my grandparents for a while. They just had all of their flooring redone. It looks great. We watched a little bit of the NBA finals and had some ice cream. It was fun.

Friday I had school during the day. Its weird getting back into the whole school routine. A weird good I guess. I used to hate school. Now I actually prefer school to work. Friday night I headed out to the Schneider's for Preslie's 1st birthday party!

Me & the birthday girl

Pres is such a cute little chunk. She is walking all over the place! It was so hard to pick out a present for her. Way too many fun girly things. I settled on this swimsuit at Nordstrom's that has a built in diaper. The moms that were there shopping were going on and on about them. I can't wait to go shopping for my own babies.

my mom and dad at dinner

On Saturday we pretty much spent the whole morning and early afternoon in the backyard. I washed my car while everyone else weeded (not my weeds anymore). I had plans to go to a couple of weddings that evening but we decided to celebrate Father's Day instead. I wasn't excited to go to the weddings with out Shawn anyway.

The boys took my dad & grampa out for 9 holes. Then we went to Olive Garden for dinner.

Kevin, Spencer & me


After dinner we went to the grocery store to buy stuff for banana splits. They made this cool Rodeo sign out of Coke & Fanta boxes. This is why I love Lehi.

Spencer, Maggie, Me, Kevin & Tanner

We went back home and got a redbox. Tanner & Ashley got into town for Dave's Wedding. They stayed with us.

Maggie playing soccer with Spencer & Tanner

Me & Maggie

Kev tickling Charity

Sunday we all went to church together. Then in the afternoon everyone came over for a big bbq. I should have taken more pictures. Gary & Julie were there, the grandparents, Todd's family and our family. There will be lots of fun family stuff this week for Dave's wedding. I'm excited. . . I also have finals. I'm not excited about that.

This was the longest Shawn and I had ever been a part. I missed him a lot. He stayed very very busy with all of his boys. This is the first tournament that he had taken just a few chaperons and rented 2 big vans. It might be the last. He felt like he was a babysitter for most of the time. He also has lots of funny stories too. On the way home one of the vans broke down for a couple hours. It made the 8 hr drive that much longer. Yuck! I'm glad he is back.

I had a lot of fun hanging out with my family. I felt like I was young again and living back home. It was weird getting ready in my old bathroom and sleeping in my old room (now office). The best part was not having to stress about grown up stuff all weekend. Just little things like not having to cook. I love my family so much!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a good weekend. I was in town and stayed at my parents this weekend but my husband was with me and it isn't the house I grew up in but still a little different staying with mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you enjoyed it! We missed you both, but in a good way...no stress. You were where you were suppose to be!

    ReplyDelete