Friday, April 30, 2010

Exciting News!!!



I've been waiting to tell the world until everything was 100% sure and finalized.
.
.
I'm in dental hygiene school!!!
.
I heard about this new dental hygiene program at Fortis College about 8 months ago before they were even accredited or accepting applicants. They were finally accredited in January and I was able to complete the application process in early March...interviews, testing, essays etc. The program is unique because the prerequisites are included and there are not any breaks. I will be going to school for 2 1/2 years straight starting May 17. I have done most of the prerequisites that are required for dental hygiene...but only a couple transferred. Which is super frustrating but at this point I don't give one little damn. I'm just excited to finally be in hygiene school. Oh...and best part is...the school is literally 5 minutes away from our apartment.
.
We are really excited, but we are freaking out a little bit as well. We are definitely used to me working full time. I have talked to my Doctor at my pedo office and he is excited for me and wants to work with my school schedule. Which is a huge blessing. However I'm not sure how long my school schedule will allow me to work. I've never had a student loan. That makes me want to throw up. Shawn has a couple that we are going to have to start paying on with in the next 2 months. UGH. Somehow we will figure it all out.
.
Wish me luck!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats Ang! We are super excited for you! 2 1/2 years seems long but Im betting it will go by super fast. I have been in school for 4 years straight now and I can't believe it. It doesn't seem like that long. Sooner than you know it, you will have a job and be making lots of money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great News Angela! You will do great. And don't worry. Something will happen and it will all work out. Just do the best you can! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang!! I'm so proud of you my friend!! CONGRATS! :) However, I have to say, I might be a little bit more excited that you said "one little damn" on your blog!! I LOVE IT! The day you said that had the HD, I fell to the floor laughing, such great memories! Oh and listen, PLEASE save all of your stuff, cause once I'm back from sweet home Alabama, I'm gonna need your help! Haha! Congrats again girl, you'll do great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow thats awesome angela. That is really cool. You will do great I'm sure. You will be the cutest dental hygenist ever! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! That's awesome! Everything will work out,that's so nice it's just down the street!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Congratulations Ang!! I'm way happy for you and wish you the best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ANG! Congrats on school! Also, I read your comment on Carly's blog and I've decided that when we are in Utah in June we will have to play with you and Shawn, and it can be because you are MY friend! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Angela! Bryce's release date is Sept. 25. We'll let you know more details later. P.S. I love reading your blog. Will you take over Bryce's for me?

    ReplyDelete