Sunday, April 18, 2010

Soccer Saturday...

... and soccer Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday...



We are really busy with soccer right now. I was telling Shawn yesterday that last year I would be complaining right now. But I'm not. I think I've finally accepted that this is my life. haha. It's a fun and crazy life. Next weekend we have a tournament in Idaho Falls. Yuck! Yesterday we had a game in Layton & Providence. Lots of driving. Fyi: Providence is a suburb of Logan.


This was at the U14 game in Providence yesterday. So pretty with the Mountains.

When we aren't at Shawn's boys' games we are at Real games, or Shawn's indoor games. . . Oh and his outdoor Men's league just started, so we have that too. His Men's competitive league has a whole bunch of new players this year...former Real & BYU players, so he is excited about the talent this year. This picture was taken last weekend at the first home game for Real Salt Lake. They were awarded their rings for being the MLS champions last season

They had a special little guest during half time. It was a cute little boy named Jonah. I think he was 5 or 6. He loves Real and Make a Wish Foundation set him up with meeting all of the players....AND David Archuleta came out and surprised him! It was sooo cute. They sang a song together. Jonah knew every word and he even sang a whole line by himself. I have a video of it, but I really don't want to upload it. Youtube it if you're interested!

We have been taking Maggie to all of the outdoor games because the weather is great! Finally! She LOVES it. She is such a soccer dog. I will have to take a video of it. Everyone is always asking me how we teach her to play soccer. We never had to teach her...she just has been around it her whole life I guess!


5 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear you have come to terms with your soccer life. You might as well go with the flow and not fight it.

    I love the view of the mountains from the field.

    Gary and I went to Sounders game also this week end. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll admit it right here on your blog and I hope I don't get back lash from it lol I'm not a soccer fan... at all! Although, I think it's really important to have hobbies and goals and things in life that motivate you and get you outside in the fresh air. So, with that being said, I think it's great that you guys have so much fun enjoying things together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madayln...if you only knew! there is a reason why we don't play co-ed together. I told Shawn forever ago that every extra activity we do together (like hiking, biking or something like that) then I will play in a co-ed indoor soccer game with him. I haven't really kept up my end of the bargain...it's way too much soccer. I will not judge you for not liking soccer! haha. I always say that the only reason why I grew up playing soccer was because Heavenly Father was preparing me for my husband!

    I'm just glad it's not football. I hate football.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I saw a soccer tie today and thought of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So like Madalyn I am not a big fan but I so want to go to a Real game and I have ever since they came to Utah.

    ReplyDelete