Saturday, February 20, 2010

no good very bad week

Shawn has had a horrible week. Which means I have had a not so great week as well! We have had Shawn's acura TL for 2 yrs now. In that short time we have thrown so much money it to it. It has been so depressing. He never should have bought that stupid car. Acura's are so expensive to fix. We found out on monday that the catalytic converter needed to be replaced AGAIN! This would be the 3rd time that we would have fixed it.

Soooooo Shawn decided to look for a new car. We looked at a couple on Monday and then Shawn did a whole bunch of research. Wednesday night Shawn went to the Honda dealership to check out a car there and guess what? His car died. Yep died. It's dead. He was on his way to indoor for his boys and so he had to walk the rest of the way.
His dad picked up him after the games and took him to go try to fix his car. They couldn't get it started. I felt so bad. I surprised him with this MLS ball when he got home. To you or me it might just look like your average soccer ball. It's not. It's kind of a big deal. So he was super excited. . . . . for about 72 seconds.

To say the least I found out this week that buying a new car when you still owe money on your old car can cause lots of little arguments. haha. To make a long story short he ended up with this sweet Chevy Equinox. It's pretty nice. He needed a bigger car to haul all of his soccer stuff around. He loves it. He is happy and everything is back to normal at our house.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new car! It looks way nice. I have to say I'm totally jealous. You'll never guess what I'm driving these days. I sold my Jeep and I drive a 1985 Mercedes now. It's working pretty good, but I wish I still had my beautiful 2005 Jeep Grand Cheroke. Recessions suck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O how I hate car trouble! They are such a waste of money, however I really like your new one. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new car but sorry you had a back week

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey girl! are you on facebook? whats your last name now?

    that sucks about the car...we bought a audi a little while ago and it probably wasnt a very good move either since they are so expensive to fix. but we bought an extended warranty on it, and good thing cuz only a few weeks after we bought it, it had some major problems that costed about $900 for the dealership, only 100 for us :)
    but that warranty ends in 3 years...crossing my fingers that we dont regret buying it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and i forgot to say, yes i really am going to the event for bronson staker!! i cant wait

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute car. I've always liked the equinox. congrats

    ReplyDelete
  7. I HOPE we are having a 5 year! destry gets home from her mission in may so i hope something gets planned. i would love to see everyone!
    and yes, you should get a facebook. its pretty much like a high school reunion every day (with only the people you liked of course ;)

    ReplyDelete