Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentine's in St George

.......nOt as romantic as you might think!
.
We went to St George this last holiday weekend for the President's Cup Tournament with Shawn's U13 team. It really was a lot of fun. They won 2 out of 3 games...but didn't advance. It was unfortunate for the team, but I was excited. For me it meant we could go home on Sunday and then have all of Monday to relax and do our Valentine's day. It's hard being gone 2 weekends in a row... it's nice to get away but I hadn't had anytime to catch up on laundry or cleaning and all of that fun stuff.
Shawn with Mindy's son Seth.....don't they look alike?
Shawn's favorite cousin Mindy lives in St George with her kids and we were able to visit with them a lot. She is so much fun and so gorgeous. I can see why she is Shawn's favorite. She is awesome. She made me lots of smoothies on her sweet blender. I want one now! I can't believe I didn't get a picture of her or Kade or Ambrie.

The majority of our time was spent with the team. We were all shocked when we found out that the boys were playing on a full size turf fields...they have never played on a field this size! They were completely at a disadvantage because the kids didn't bring their turf shoes and they were playing against local teams who are used to playing on such a big field. The first game they had a pretty bad loss. The 2nd game they beat the team who actually beat the team they lost to. The 3rd game they won in a shoot out.

These are all of the boys younger siblings watching the shoot out. How cute is that???

It is such a gorgeous time of year down there. I loved the red rock frosted with snow. It was a lot warmer than I thought it would be. I did not bring appropriate clothes! I made do with my boots and jackets. The last night we went to dinner at a mexican restaurant with all of the parents. It was so much fun. Inter has the best parents!

Shawn with his team.
bottom row: Kolby, Jordan, Bailey, Sean & Raquel
top row: Mason, Max, Sam, Donovan, Jordan, Chris, Christian & Cameron

2 comments:

  1. k so i didn't even recognize Seth. i just thought it was one of Shawn's soccer kids.

    ReplyDelete