Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Quick Trip

TO VEGAS!

We had been this planning this weekend trip for a while to be able to go to one of Shawn's soccer tournaments. We got off to a crappy start...Shawn's coach didn't register his team in time to make it into the tournament AND we had a bad flu cold bug thing last week. This was kinda a big deal for me. I never throw up. I hate throwing up. I'm a baby. So I got sick and it happened. It hasn't happened in seriously like 10 years, or more. But I made it, I'm alive. Anyways, we were thinking of not going because of these 2 reasons. We felt like we pretty much had to go because we didn't want to let Ashley & Kevin down. We promised Ashley that we would taker her home and Kevin wanted to go to see Scott & Jenn because they weren't able to come to his homecoming.

We headed out of town thursday night. We had a fun trip down (other than my ear getting permanently plugged for 24 hrs). I love Ash & I love Kev. Ashley and I don't have any sisters so I feel like we have always been close (even tho she spent the whole weekend with her bf).

We stayed with John & Allison. Friday we did lots of shopping and ate at some little Johnny's cafe or something like that, in the fashion show mall. We didn't do the strip this trip. Over it. Kevin did talk an awful lot about Bryce. They lived in Vegas for one summer and did lots of fun stuff together. He misses him lots. He says he doesn't want to waste his time making really good friends because no one will compare to Bryce. We love you Bryce!!! He will be home in September.

Friday night we had a big family dinner. John cooked. Yummy. Scott & Jenn came over with their CUTE baby Afton. First time that Kevin has seen her. She is not a big fan of anyone that's not her mom & dad but she did warm up to Kev for a bit. I bought her that cute little pink tutu.

Saturday Scott & Jenn took us to this little broadway pizza place. It was really good. Way too much food. After that we went to the outlets. Shawn ended up playing 3 games with "O.M" soccer club. So he played while I shopped. Saturday night we hung out, played some wii, & watched a couple of movies. Kevin & Mitch serenaded us with their singing/guitar skills. I wish I had a picture of everyone. sorry guys.

Kevin & Tanner in their matching shirts...they didn't buy them matching on purpose. Tanner kept us entertained all weekend. He is hilarious. "Guys you need to help me, I can't hold my fat back and lotion my skin at the same time". You had to be there.....
We headed home after Shawn got in 1 more game Sunday morning. I'm glad we went. It was a lot of fun spending time with my family down there.

2 comments:

  1. omg i never throw up either!! i think the last time was in like 6th grade. weird. thanks for taking me :) i owe ya. and thanks for the glee cd, i have listened to it nonstop since sunday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun to have you guys! we loved it.

    ReplyDelete