Wednesday, January 27, 2010

We finally have callings!

We have been in this ward for about 9 months, and we just barely got callings. A couple of months after we moved in the bishopric changed, so we figured
they were just busy with other things. When we met the new bishopric we thought we would be getting a calling any day. . . didn't happen.
I have had serious issues with Relief
Society. Recently I had come to a conclusion that the reason we hadn't received callings was because I needed to gain an appreciation for Relief Society.
I have been trying my best to go with an open heart
and doing my best to meet other girls. A couple of weeks ago we were asked to sub in sunbeams. . .
Shawn said that it was our trial run to see if we were primary material. There were so many dang sunbeams. . . freaking 11!
This last Sunday we were at my parents house and my mom said that she was
going to call our bishop and ask him why we didn't
have callings yet. Gotta love my mom.
Ironically, last night the bishopric stopped by our apartment and asked
if I would be a sunbeam teacher and if Shawn would
be willing to help out in primary where needed. He was also asked
to be a Webelos leader (but they are rethinking that calling because of his
soccer coaching during the week).
I asked the bishopric if our new callings
had anything to do with a possible phone call from my mom.
They weren't aware of one. haha

So pretty much my Sunday mornings will be consumed with hand sanitizer, tissues, clorox wipes & lysol. I promise I will do my best not to have a complete stress attack when there are puzzles covering the entire floor, boogers everywhere & kids screaming. Should be GREAT birth control

8 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA!!!! That last statement made me laugh soooo hard! "Should be GREAT birth control!" ahahahaha! Yes it should be. Good luck! Isabelle just started going to sunbeams, and she's having a hard time with it. I think the first of the year is hardest, but it will get better. Congrats on your callings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will love them!! I love teaching that age!

    I promise you will love and appreciate RS someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES...I knew one was coming...gotta loove the apartment thing...I think wards tend to wait to see if your hanging around for awhile..DUMB

    ReplyDelete
  4. yahoo on the church callings. . .i hope i stay hidden from those for a while! But sunbeams are my favorite you get 11 little Talan's. Good Luck with the boogers tho not really my favorite thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's Katelyns age! I love that age...they are so sweet! And please, eleven! Our ward has three sunbeam classes with that many in each. We have twelve in our class! :) I have always loved being in primary, over relief society. So sad...I know but, I feel like I learn so much being a primary teacher. Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ang!!! I didn't know you had a blog!! Or did I??? I love it. You are so dang cute!! We were just saying this week how we need to get together with the Routsons. :) I love your family. :( And congrats on passing Super Mario Bro. :) AWESOME!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too funny! I think I would freaky out with that many kids too! Good luck, because you'll need it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just so you know, I am soooo against taking my child to church with a runny nose, even just a drip. It's just rude and inconsiderate to the teachers and other kids to possibly get them sick. I think all parents need to stay at home with their child with even the slightest of drips! There, I said it! And to answer your question, I'm not sure when I'll be in Utah next, but hopefully in March or something. I'll let you know for sure! ::HUGS::

    ReplyDelete