Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Homecoming Party



My brother Kevin got home from his mission a couple of days ago. . . FINALLY! I have been counting down for a long long time. He got home on New Year's eve. Shawn and I headed up to the airport with my parents & youngest brother, Spencer. It is so crazy to finally have him home. After the airport we headed back to my parents and ordered in chinese. Kev's request.
We had fun catching up with him before heading up to my uncle Todd's company show-house in Heber. We had a big New Year's Eve party. Lots of family and friends. It was a blast. There was a TON of food and lots of fun things going on. Pool table, ping pong, bounce house, movies etc. Lots of our family came into town for the party. We all gathered into the theater room to hear about Kevin tell about some of his mission experiences while we watched a slide show of his pictures on the big screen.
New Year's day we slept at my parents house after the party so we all slept in, including Kevin, and had a fun family brunch. It ended with Spencer shooting me in the eye with a damn nerf gun. I was going down the stairs and came around the wall and a dart hit me right in the eye. MY EYE WAS OPEN!!! It seriously hurt so bad. Don't worry, I didn't like get a black eye or anything cool like that. It was just sore all day. After that we headed to the mall to get Kev some new clothes, then we just headed back to the house to watch movies and relax.

It feels so weird to finally have him home. Especially since Curtis isn't home. I feel like Kevin & Curtis go hand in hand. Like Salt & Pepper. Like peanut butter & jelly. Like ice cream & Angela. I'm sure its more weird for him. He told me that he keeps having little panic attacks because he feels like he should be doing something, but he really has nothing to be doing. haha. I imagine it would be really hard adjusting after devoting your whole complete self for 2 years. At the party I kept saying "where is my husband" and Kevin was freaking out about that. He was like "you have a husband...it's so weird to hear you say that". Anyways we are so happy to have him home and are so so so proud of him!!!

3 comments:

  1. Who is the handsome guy with the apron cooking at the party? What a stud! So, you wrote that you did not get a black eye from the nerf gun... what about Spencer? Did he get one from you?? :) and tell Kevin that it is OK that he get panic attacks from not doing anything... The Lord wanted him busy on his mission, want him busy now and He is expecting Kevin to be busy for the rest of his life. It is when we are idle and lazy that we get ourselves in trouble!! Nice post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog and keeping up with you and your family. I got an ipod nano for Cmas too! A pink one! Kevin stopped by last night for a visit - it was so great to see him! He said he's going to be coming over alot so I hope he really does. I miss having the boys around! See you at his homecoming.

    ReplyDelete