Thursday, October 28, 2010

Temples & Snow

My friend Elena had mentioned to me that she wanted to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing. So this past Sunday we met my grandparents at temple square to hear the choir and do the temple square thing.
She loved it. Not just the choir, but all of it. I wish we would have taken more pictures but it was a little cold and drizzly. She wants to go back soon though, so we will get some good ones.
Elena kept telling me while we were there how peaceful she felt. She had lots of great questions and I was so happy that my grandparents were there to help her with their short, simple temple square missionary answers. The whole day was amazing. After the temple we went back to my apartment where I had some tomato basil & rice soup waiting for us.
At school this week Elena kept telling me how special Sunday was to her and how she wanted to go back soon. We have some fun things planned to do and I am so excited.

Through out all of this I couldn't help but think how grateful I am for everything that I know to be true...and also how much I take for granted. That I can see my family after I die...that I can pray to my Heavenly Father and more importantly that I know He hears me...that when we mess up we can repent...that I can feel the spirit, or peacefulness, in my life every single day.

It was snowing when I got up for school yesterday. It's so pretty...but I'm not ready for it. I'm not ready for it at all. I wish that it only snowed Dec-Feb. I don't want Fall to be gone...

5 comments:

  1. Love the new picture up top. Isn't it so cool to see someone recognize the peace and comfort the gospel can bring? Thanks for sharing, such a good example, miss missionary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! SNOW! Hey I was able to open your blog! Wohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post brought tears to my eyes. You are such a great friend Angela. It is when we share what we know to be true that we gain a greater appreciation for everything in our life! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it has snowed there already! That's crazy. We will try to send some warm Georgia weather your way!

    ReplyDelete