Sunday, May 9, 2010

Shawn's Graduation Day!

Shawn walked with his graduating class this last Friday, May 7th. We decided to go to the commencement speech because Shawn wanted to hear governor Jon Huntsman speak. . . I guess it's ambassador. The commencement program in the morning was A LOT better/less boring than the graduation ceremony.

I was way up top by myself and Shawn was way down below with his class.

My Mom & me
After the commencement ceremony I moved down low to get good seats for the family.

Mickie.Brandyn.Stacey. Rick was there too...I think he ran to the bathroom.
This is everyone who was there at the graduation ceremony. Its sad that everyone couldn't make it, but it was pretty boring so its okay! The party was a lot more fun (:

um...so I don't know who this guy is. Shawn had a class with him and his nickname is "Sly". He is some football star at the U and just got drafted into the NFL. (Steven Sylvester is his name)

very Proud Parents!

Mickie.Shawn.Brandyn.

After the ceremony we all met up at cafe rio for lunch. We were starving. We were there from 8:30 until about 1:30. That's a long day to just be sitting!

I invited a lot of our friends and family to a party that evening at the Blymillers. I asked everyone to wear RED. It was a lot of fun! Shawn loved it.

Shawn with a couple of the kids he coaches.
Cherie.Bailey.Shawn.Jordan.

A friendly game of dodge ball in the back yard.

Dad.Kevin.Mom.Grampa.Gramma.



Kevin.Shawn.

Funny story about my shirt...I asked everyone to wear red and then I didn't! The dang store I went to didn't have anything in my size...or anything close to my size in red. My mom had this U of U fabric for the book of mormon's that she covers...so I made a little head band out of it. Shawn said I looked like a ninja.



Shawn.Me.Gramma.Grampa.

Of course Todd could not bring himself to wearing red. And neither could his boys. They came into the party chanting the cougars song. It was really cute.

Us with Karl & Kioko. They are the best!

Brooke is one of my bestest friends. I love her to death. I wish we could spend more time together but we are both so busy. We talk on the phone OFTEN.

Kallie.Tahnie.Chris.Natalie.Markie.

Best Friends
Mike.Shawn.Rey.

All of Shawn's family at the end of the night.
Thanks everyone for coming to support Shawn. He had a blast and he is so excited to be done with school! He is the first one to graduate in his family. So it's a pretty big deal. Shawn was such a great student.....now he can help me!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Shawn!! That is so exciting. GO UTES!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Shawn! I think I read everything, and I don't think you said what degree he was graduating with. :) But it's still awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops! Sorry...his major was mass communications.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just figured out how to get on your blog! It looks great. This is probably a stupid question.. but how do you blog in between your pictures and where do you get all the art work from? So much to figure out in this world of blogging! Congratulations to Shawn on his graduation. Looking forward to the RSL party this Thurs. Hope you will be there?.......ALI (aka "mid-life crisis ali" or more widely known as Ivan's mum!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey my head is chopped off in my profile picture!!

    ReplyDelete