Friday, May 28, 2010

Well...We are home.

So we are home from our trip. And have been the whole week. It sux to be home. We had an amazing trip. It was so fun to be able to spend 9 days with my hubby.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BoN vOyAgE
Port Everglades

Learning how to use our emergency life jackets...


Leaving the Port

This is my dream-house. I don't think you can see but it had a lot of turquoise accents. I love turquoise. AND who wouldn't want to live on the ocean?


first dinner. Of course the food was amazing. Every night we went to bed over stuffed. YUM!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday BaHaMaS/not

The first night Shawn was up throwing up. It might have been the flu... The Schneiders had it before we let. But we think it was actually food poisoning. Only because he only spent about 1 hour in the bathroom and then felt much better. They made it such a big deal to tell the medical staff if you got sick. So on monday morning before we were boarding off the ship to go to the princess cay's island in the bahamas I told the medical staff. They told us we had to wait in our Cabin and have him checked out. Dr Rudy said that Shawn had to be confined to his cabin for 24 hours. I tried so hard to hold back the tears. Rudy could tell I hated him. He said to me, "It's better that he stays in the cabin for the day than for him to be out and about getting others sick". I gave him the dirtiest look...I wanted to say that I didn't care one little bit about anyone else. All I cared about was being stuck inside while there was a beautiful island just outside. So this is a picture of Shawn being cooped up all day. Luckily I was able to leave and get some fresh air and sun. But I refused to leave the ship with out Shawn. I didn't want to enjoy anything with out him.

I was worried that with Shawn being confined to the cabin on the first day he would be turned off to the whole idea of cruising. I wanted him to love it so bad...because I want to be able to go again some day. This was Shawn's first and my 3rd.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday aT sEa

Tuesday we were at sea. It was a nice day to relax. The weather was perfect. Shawn brought his futsal. We both brought our work out clothes but that didn't ever happen. I honestly love running on their treadmills because they are set out over the water. It feels like you are almost running on water. With both of us wanting to relax and with both of us being sick we did not even make it once to the gym. Unless you count the tour.

This was the first of two formal nights

We had fun getting dressed up!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday St. MaArTeN

We were very excited to get off the ship!

Right as we got off the pier a guy asked Shawn if we wanted to jet ski. All he wanted from the trip was to jet ski on the ocean. I told him that he needed to wheel and deal a little with the guy. We got set up on the beach and Shawn kept saying "Ang they are giving me such a good deal. It's not going to last all day. We have to do it now". I tried telling him that the longer you wait the less the price will be. But I finally gave in to the little boy that was begging and moping around. haha. It was a lot of fun. I drove for a couple of minutes and then I let him drop me back off at the beach so he could have fun by himself (I just didn't want to be thrown off every two seconds).

We took the Water Taxi a couple of times. The water was gorgeous.


One thing bad about cruises is you have to pay for your own drinks. Plus they are pricey. So we got a yummy smoothie when we went into town to check out the shops.



I saw this little place from the water taxi...We thought it appropriate for me to take a picture by it.






Leaving St Maarten. So Pretty!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday sT. tHoMaS !

We took a shuttle to the famous "Megan's Bay". It was so so pretty. We heard that it was great snorkeling and we were excited. It was not so great for us. Did I mention that I started to feel a bad head cold come on about the same time that Shawn was sick. Megan's Bay I was feeling awful. I had a fever for about 2 days and was so achey.

We lasted the majority of the day at the beach... I wanted to stay longer but I was struggling being out in the sun being sick. So we made our way back to the ship.


While we were at the Bay Shawn talked to a couple of workers there and found out a lot about the island. He says if he every disappears I will know where to find him. (:
Shawn was freaking out when I was getting close to the iguanas...he kept telling me that their tails were going to whip me. Don't worry. I survived...
leaving St. Thomas. It was so pretty!
2nd formal night
Watching another "movie under the stars"
Blindside. Such a great movie.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friday Grand Turk

This island was seriously so small. But it was so pretty. We didn't have anything planned so we just snorkeled and explored a little. The snorkeling was the best here...not that great though!


The sand at Grand Turk was the softest, whitest sand ever. I loved it!

While we were at dinner one of the first nights we met Jerry and MaryAnne. They are New Yorkers retired in Florida. They were so much fun. We had dinner together most nights. They have been on a million cruises. Maybe one day we will be able to go on one with them!
For some reason these "just married" balloons were hung outside our cabin. We just thought it was funny. Everyone kept asking us if we were on our honeymoon. . . because anywhere outside of Utah we look to young to be married.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday At SeA
The last day we just enjoyed the last day of amazing weather and hung out at the pools. I'm sure I had atleast 30 cones/cups of ice cream. I feel like I gained 10 lbs from this trip. The worst part is that I don't have time anymore to go to the gym...or do anything. I guess I will have to starve myself.

Sunday we packed everything up and left the ship. We couldn't get a flight out until 5pm so we were at the airport from 9-5. It sucked. We didn't get home until after midnight and then I had school first thing monday morning. Oh... AND we came home to snow.

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!! How fun!!! I'm sorry you guys got sick! That sucks. I love all the pictures! Cruises are the best! You look so pretty . I love the turquoise dress! St. Thomas is the most beautiful place I've ever been. I'm jealous! Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE cruises too, I've only been on one. Levi and I are thinking about taking one this year. I love your teal formal dress, so pretty! Looks like you guys had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUUUN! i'm so jealous. i looooove your second formal night dress. looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I have yet to go on a cruise. But I get motion sickness easily, so it make me nervous to go on one. Great pictures, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds so fun and relaxing! I'm sorry you had to come back... that's the worst.

    ReplyDelete