Thursday, September 17, 2009

10 Places I Want To Go Before I Die

I got this idea from my friend's blog, so I decided to copy her (: Shawn and I would love to travel. . . who wouldn't? With Shawn's busy school schedule and our lack of cash flow (our lack of saving. . .) traveling at this point in our lives is pretty impractical. We can dream right? I hope to take Shawn on a cruise after he graduates in December. I have been on a couple and I LOVE them. Other than that we have both been to Hawaii, traveled up and down the western US (thanks to our parents taking us on road trips growing up) and that's about it!

10 Places I want to travel to before I die. . . or before I get too old to be able to travel :)

1. Africa

I have always wanted to go to Africa. An African Safari would be so amazing. . . there are also cruises to Africa. That would be fun too.


Of course while I'm in Africa I will pick up my black baby. . .Shawn and I REALLY REALLY want to adopt, especially from Africa. There are so many kids there that need to be adopted. I want to just save every single one of them. Realistically hopefully we can save a few.

FYI, every 15 seconds another child becomes and orphan in Africa. Every Year 2,102,400 more children become orphans. 143,000,000 Orphans in the world today spend an average of 10 years in an orphanage. Around 250,000 children are adopted annually BUT . . . every YEAR 14,050,000 children still grow up as orphans and age out of the system.

Just something for every single one of you to think about . . .

2. Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Rio is where Shawn served his mission. He loved it! He makes it sound so beautiful. He tells me they have the best beaches in the world. That's all I need to know! Shawn and I are planning on going to Rio for the 2014 World Cup. Seeing AMAZING soccer while in a beautiful city sounds awesome. I hope it all works out! 2014 is coming up fast!!!

3. Venice, Italy

It looks so romantic doesn't it?

4. New Zealand

The picture says it all. . .

5. Bora Bora

I don't know anyone who has ever been to Bora Bora. It looks like my kind of vacation!!! I love the ocean. It looks completely relaxing and who wouldn't want to go to a Bora Bora? Lets face it. . . it's fun to say

6. The Vatican, Rome

Ever since we saw the 2nd Da Vinci Code we have talked about going here. It has so much history and such beautiful architecture.

7. NYC

Neither of us have been there, how sad is that! I love big cities. So much to do, so much to see! The shopping sounds great too (:

8. London, England

Shopping, European Soccer, Historic Sites . . . love it

9. Machu Picchu, Peru

Again I don't know anyone who has ever been there. It's one of the seven wonders of the world. So so so breathtaking

10. Around the World Cruise

I love cruises, I love the world, and I love traveling. Sounds Perfect!

7 comments:

  1. you are a nerd. Bora Bora just because its fun to say? whatever. but remember your favorite cousin when you are buying tickets to venice, i would love to join you. and NYC has always been on my list. we would probably spend our whole life savings together if we went shopping in china town for one day. dangerous. and if my mother approved of nigel you would have had an opportunity to babysit my half black child on many occasion. oh well. love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. well miss travel the world. . . take me with you and lets run away now!!!! Did you get my text today? LOVe ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey miss copy cat! haha,,just kidding. I love seeing neat places, and it's cool to see where other people want to visit too. One of these days we will visit all our favorite beautiful places! Hey, I'm coming to Utah on Oct 5th and staying until the 19th. We must get together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey angela! I found your blog on Claire's blog it surpised me, Congrats on your marriage I'm not sure if I ever told you. if you want to see my blog e-mail me and I'll send you an invite leviandsteph@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, my phone went through my washing machine,,,I left it in my pants pocket,anyways. I have a new phone, same number, but I don't have any of my phone numbers. So can you please either text me your number, or email me your number. jenzmail55@yahoo.com Thanks doll! I also answered your questions on my nutrition blog. :) Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok so I expecting you to take all of those trips and when you bring back an african baby will you bring me one too please?!? According to those numbers you may want to bring back a couple million. SAD! I love your list though and plan to make one of my own. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angela you are a NERD!!! the biggest! Whats up? I got your package! Thanks alot for the movies and the pics. HOw was cali?? Love you tons!!! Tell everyone i said hi!

    ReplyDelete