Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

This last weekend was so much fun. I really wish it was longer though. I always hate going back to work after a long weekend. So not fun. Anyways. . . I wish I had pictures to document this holliday weekend, but my camera is still broken. There is this cool underwater digital camera at costco that I am for sure getting. I've been putting off getting it because my birthday is coming up, but I don't know if I can wait until then!
Friday and Saturday I went up to Midway for Swiss Days to help my mom at her booth. She sells little pocket scriptures. They are so freaking cute. She is so creative. I wish I was more like her in that way! She thought she was prepared by bringing more than she sold last year, but she was wrong. We ended up pulling another all nighter, like last year, on friday night. It was actually pretty fun! My mom and dad brought all of her stuff up to my uncle Todd's show house in Heber. We had a big assembly line of helpers. My gma and gpa, Spencer and my cousin Ashley all came up to help. Spencer and gpa helped. . . with playing 18 holes on the golf simulator machine thing. We had fun staying up all night working away and watching movies. We ended up selling pretty much everything. I'm positive that if we had 100 more we would have sold them. Mom you better start making more for next year! You can check out her "pocket scriptures" at http://www.etsy.com/

Here is a picture of one of her many cute little Books of Mormon

Shawn had a tournament with his boys on friday and saturday so he wasn't able to come up and enjoy swiss days with us. Oh well. I'm sure he would much rather be coaching or playing soccer. He was able to go to the US World Cup Qualifier match at Rio Tinto Stadium. So that was fun for him.
Sunday I slept in until like noon. I needed to catch up on my sleep! I felt like a teenager again though :) Shawns family stayed up in Park City for the weekend so we headed up there for the afternoon and evening to hang out with them. Park City is always so pretty. It's crazy! We went swimming, hot tubbing, hung out at the room, and had a fun barbeque. I wish I had a picture of Payson's teeth right now. He looks like a real vampire. His little premolars are trying to fall out but his new teeth that are coming in are pushing them out horizontally. haha its pretty funny. Brandyn offered him a new scooter if he would let me pull them out, but he isn't ready to let them go yet. Talan is always saying the funniest things, and Preslie is getting big and is so cute!

here is a picture of park city for you. . . pretend like I took it (:

On Labor Day we just kinda were lazy! We went to see Chris (Shawn's bro) play in a soccer tournament, had some CafeRio for dinner, and then we went to see "All About Steve" with my mom and Spencer. Funny story. . . Spencer spilt all of the popcorn when he fell up the stairs of the movie theater. haha it was hilarious. It was a pretty funny movie too!

I love long weekends spent with family!

1 comment:

  1. You are so nice to help out your mom! Wish I was around to help also. Good job selling books!

    Thanks for keeping up your blog. I miss you and its nice to see what you are up to!

    Love ya! Julie

    ReplyDelete