Friday, August 28, 2009

Gma & Gpa Routson's 50th Wedding Anniversary Reunion

So we got back on Monday from California where we celebrated my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary on the Routson side. Its so crazy that both sets of my grandparents celebrated this the same summer. . . and same month! I'm so lucky to have awesome grandparents to look up to. What a huge accomplishment. . .50 years!!! Wow. I hope that Shawn and I are able to share our 50th with all of our kids and grandkids one day.



We went down a couple days early before the reunion to go to the ocean. I have been craving the ocean ALL summer! I love it. I could sit and relax on the beach all day, every day of my life. This picture is of Shawn and me at Newport beach.


However Shawn can't sit on the beach all day.
He has to be doing something!!! This is a picture of Shawn
playing some golf on the beach. . . he was playing with Spenc


The second day of the beach was a lot more entertaining
for Shawn. My uncle Todd was in town
the same week so we met up with them at the beach.
It was a blast!!! You all know how much we love
these kids! Above is a picture of the "girls" sand castle.
It was built by me, Charity and Emily.
Apparently it wasn't good enough. Todd called it
the "maids quarters".


This is the beginning part of the "Real" sand castle.
Shawn, Brendon, Me, Charity, Dallin & Todd


Twirling in the sand with Charity at the end of the day!

Hanging in the shade with baby Justin

Later that night we went to Todd and Sharolyn's
Condo they were staying at and had a BBQ.
Lots of fun. Shawn with Justin and Charity.

I would have more pictures of the Reunion part. . .which was in Palm Springs. But I dropped my camera in the sand and it stopped working. I will have to get pictures from my mom. Here are some of the highlights from the Routson Reunion

My cousins Marcus, Denny, Langley & Lori


My fam

Shawn with my little cousin Keaton @ Knots Soak city



Some of the Routson fam getting ready for the slideshow

1. Seeing all the family!!!

2. Going on a scavenger hunt (to find little things that represented my grandparents 50 years together)
3. Chimichangas & Tostadas

4. Pool

5. Aunts & Uncles and Cousins

6. Shawn had a blast golfing with the guys. He did much better this time, and he said he owes it all to my uncle Tyce. (who is much more patient than my Dad)

7. Morning walk with the girls while boys were out

8. Knots Soak City!!! So much fun!

We had a blast. . . Shawn had issues with every minute of every day being planned out. . . I told him that thats just how our family reunions are! haha he got over it and we all had a lot of fun! Love you family!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, so good to hear from you! Such a nice suprise. You and your husband are such a cute couple. Looks like you are having a blast being newlyweds. Dustin and I have been married for 3 and half years and I still consider us newlyweds sometimes! I'm excited to have your blog address now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a fun trip to the beach! Love the photos! Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

    Hey how do you get photos with your blog list? Teach me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawn's just like his dad...too much sitting on the beach is not fun! I on the other hand can sit there ALL DAY LONG!...
    pictures may be a little blurry, but their still cute!

    ReplyDelete