Sunday, March 21, 2010

Random things...1 scary & 1 fun

My new addiction . . .

One of my sunbeams wanted chocolate chip cookies with frosting on top for his birthday treats. I got this frosting...and fell in love with it. It could be because I'm having ice cream with drawls. I haven't had ice cream for a whole week. But seriously you have to try it. Betty Crocker confetti vanilla frosting. I had a whole can this weekend!
gramma Joy where do you think this is going to go? (She says that all of my ice cream is eventually going to go to my hips...sad thing is that I'm totally seeing it).

K so I almost died. It was traumatizing. I was cleaning out my fridge and set a 9x13 pyrex pan on the stove...to eventually take it to the sink and wash it. I was also trying to start dinner. I turned on a burner to boil some water...but accidentally turned on the wrong burner. I turned on the burner that the pyrex pan was on. It exploded! It sounded like a freaking gun shot. No joke. I was standing right by the fridge with my head down when it happened. I screamed so loud! I was so scared! I was nervous that one of my neighbors was going to come see if everything was okay...but apparently they don't care about me. That's okay.
So I was left with this huge mess. Hundred of pieces everywhere. I thought I cleaned it up really well but I'm still finding glass pieces. There were chunks clear across the room, pieces in my hair...and in my blender...kitchen aid...toaster...everywhere. I'm lucky that I wasn't leaning over the stove.

Anyways...Just a couple of random things this week that I thought were worth documenting.

8 comments:

  1. scary!! i would totally do something like that. im losing my marbles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad that glass dish didn't hurt you. my little sister had that happen to her a couple weeks ago, but it was hot..just taken out of the dishwasher, and she saw it had a crack so she went to set it on the counter top and it exploded. it cut her finger pretty bad. She had to have stitches.
    Oh, and the frosting...MMMM. Have you had the cream cheese kind??? MY FAV!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I've totally done the exact same thing! Except the pan I made explode was full of fresh cake right out of the oven that my roommate at the time made for her friends birthday that night. I felt so bad! So I know how it is cleaning up a mess like that, I feel your pain. HAHa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ang, I have just barely discovered Betty Crocker cream cheese frosting. I put the bloody stuff on everything! I am praying it GOES to my rear end! Jenny is coming in June? We will have to get together and eat frosting!!! Loves

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't remember who gave me the site address for it. It was someone out in EM though

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's scary! Glad you are okay! And now I'm totally craving frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. umm...glad your okay! Someone was watching over you and ducked your pretty little head down by the fridge! I would have wet my pants! Were you home alone? How was dinner? I bet it was soooo yummy! love ya!

    ReplyDelete