Monday, March 29, 2010

Vegas Tournament

We were in Vegas this last weekend for a soccer tournament for Shawn's U14 team. I was hoping the weather would be awesome and that I could my tan on ... but it wasn't. It was in the low 70's but there was this nasty cold wind the whole weekend. Oh well.

I took this picture on the way down to Vegas...

We checked in to the tournament friday night and then stopped by and surprised the Barnes family. It was fun to see them. Saturday all of the games started. Shawn had just one of his teams in the tournament, but was helping coach a younger team as well so he had 4 games on Saturday. I played with Scott and Jenn for the afternoon. Afton just turned one! She actually let me hold her and play with her this trip. So I was excited.
I gave her a piece of lemon...sour face!

Jenn & Afton with the little swimsuit & jellys we gave her

Jenn.Afton.Scott.
look at those skills!

hi!
Saturday night we went to Red Rock and went bowling with the whole team. It was a good bonding experience for the boys, and it was nice for me to get to know the parents a little bit better.

Sunday the boys had just one game. They ended the tournament with a great win 5-1! I bet Shawn will make them run for letting that 1 slip by though...


Shawn giving some words of wisdom at half time


top row: Dylan, Easton, Matt, Ryan, Nathan, Sam, Kris, Ethan & Shawn
bottom row: Marshall, Aaron, Ivan, Sergio, Sebastion, Erik, Ryan, & Nick

Kevin was supposed to watch Maggie at our house ... but she ended up staying at my parents the whole weekend. When I got home her pony tail was cut off and her face was all trimmed. I was freaking out. I left my mom a note on the fridge telling her I would never forgive her for what she had done!!! The last time she was groomed they cut off her pony tail because I had forgotten to tell them to keep it...and so I've been waiting 3 months for it to grow out long enough to be able to do it again...and then my mom cuts it off. Oh well. It will grow back. She was just trying to be helpful. It better not happen with our future children's hair mom...you promised!

1 comment:

  1. why did this just make me laugh! Us MOM'S...always trying to be helpful!

    ReplyDelete