Thursday, April 1, 2010

US Womens National team vs Mexico

The US Women's team was in town last night at our Rio Tinto Stadium here in Sandy. I know you're not going to believe this but it was my idea to go. Shawn definitely jumped on that opportunity! Pretty rare that with a free night I would want to watch more soccer right?

I was really wishing that we wouldn't have bought tickets...the weather was horrible. I have no idea why it's snowing in April. I hate hate hate it.
This is my cold face. Notice how there is snow on the field??? And also how they have guys shoveling it? We couldn't figure out why they didn't have a small snow plow. It's real grass so they are extra careful with it I guess...

You can tell by this picture how miserably cold it was. We started on the north end of the field, with really close seats, but ended up moving to slightly covered seats. It was a lot better. I told Shawn I wanted to go home several times but we ended staying the whole game. I felt bad for the players. The ball had no movement. It wouldn't roll or bounce.

Um there were way too many Mexico fans there. It was beyond ridiculous. Now let me just tell you that I'm all for immigration. Please don't ever ask my husband his stance on the subject...it gets very heated (he's for it as well). I'm even a 1/4 bean so I can talk smack. BUT I do not understand why these people move here from mexico...for a better quality of life that they can't have in Mexico and then don't cheer for the country that they live in. The country that gives them this freedom of life. I wanted to go and punch every single one of them in the face. Have some pride people!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment