Tuesday, November 17, 2009

ShAwN tURnS 26!

Shawn turned 26 on Monday (which was also my mom's birthday but I won't disclose her age at this time). He has been home from his mission for 5 years now so he is feeling a little old. We kicked off his birthday celebrations last thursday by doing some shopping & sushi. Friday we slept in, relaxed, had our hair cut and went to his boys futsal games. Now I know it doesn't look like Shawn had his haircut. You can thank my mom for that. . . she told Shawn that his hair was "embarrassing". So he is growing it out even longer. Thanks Mom!!!


Saturday was a yucky snowy day. We didn't really want to go anywhere. Real Salt Lake played Chicago for the Eastern Conference Finals. For Shawn's birthday we decided to get tickets to the "Watch Party". It was at the Rio Tinto stadium in their little lounge/bar thing. Lots of TV's, all you can eat food & crazy hardcore fans. I have to admit it was pretty fun. The game went into over time and then pk's. They won the game on the 7th pk. Pretty awesome. The finals are in Seattle. We REALLY wanted to go, but flights are so dang expensive right now.


Sunday Birthday:

On sunday we went to my parents to celebrate my mom & Shawn's birthday. I made lasagna. No it wasn't the kind you buy and preheat from Costco. It was the real thing, and it was good, and I'm proud of myself. My dad was in charge of the bread and salad. Spence made homemade brownies. Good job Spencer! So yummy. Gma & Gpa came over for dessert after. Sister Asay/Tille came over for dinner too. It was a lot of fun hearing all kinds of stories about Curtis. They saw each other every day for 3 transfers so she knows him pretty well.


We had to get a picture of Tille with Swayze (Curtis' pride and joy). He found Swayze in the desserts of Eagle Mountain. At one time Curtis said that he was going breed Turtle's, raise them to be Racing Turtles, and become rich. "Who wouldn't want to see turtles race".


All my mom wanted was this little laptop desk that sits on your lap. . . that was an easy gift! Hope you like it mom, now maybe you won't burn your legs from your old laptop.


Spencer & Me


If you didn't already notice. . . I CHOPPED my hair!!! I was so ready for a change. For the last 3 or 4 haircuts I've been cutting more and more off to work myself up for it. I was so nervous to cut it because the last time I had my hair really short was in 7th grade and let me just tell you that chubby cheeks with short hair was NOT working for me. Now I still have chubby cheeks but not as bad I guess. I luv it! It's so easy to do and Shawn is in love with it.

Oh. . . and I wear glasses. Contacts were not working out so well for me.

For Shawn's real birthday I had to work all day and he had a big test in his Mass Comm. Law class. We were able to do lunch together downtown. For dinner we went to his parents house. His mom made shish kabobs and a yummy pasta salad.

I got my work out for the day by running around with the kids for 10 minutes. . .

Shawn & Me


Mickie & Brandyn

I think Shawn had a pretty good birthday week. I asked him what he thought he would have done by the time he was 26. He said. . .

1. go on a mission (CHECK)

2. be done with school (a couple more weeks left)

3. be married (CHECK)

4. be playing soccer professionally somewhere (pretty sure he has played enough soccer for 18 lifetimes)

and that was about it. I asked him if he thought he would have kids by now. He said NO. Looks like his life is just the way he wanted it to be. (: I love you baby, hope you had a great birthday!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Shawn, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair!!!!! I also love your glasses, you are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is soooo stinkin cute! I LOVE IT! and way to go on the glasses idea. I've always wanted to wear glasses but I dont need them and frankly I dont have the face for it, YOU DEFINITELY DO THOUGH! Congrats. You are gorgeous. Anyway, to answer your question, We are moving to Florida :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday old man and sorry the night turned so ugly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O my goodness I love your short hair! And I must say you two make a great looking couple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do make a cute couple, Happy birthday Shawn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ang!! Your hair is so freakin cute! I love it! You and Shawn are so cute together! Happy Birthday Shawn!! Thanks for the sweet comment about our family pics, you are so nice! And ps you are going to have stinkin cute kids!!

    ReplyDelete