Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving. What a great time of year. This year was spent with Shawn's family at Rick and Stacey's house. It was just Rick & Stacey, Mickie, Brandyn & the kids, Gpa Allgood and then Shawn & Me. Shawn started the day off by playing football with Mike. Mike was over last night and apparently the stories are true: Shawn was the "star" of the game! Haha. He had a lot of fun. While Shawn was out I cleaned the house, and got started on the "Routson Family Fudge". I first called my dad for the recipe and he was mad that I didn't have it memorized or something so he hung up on me. I had to call my aunt Becky and she willingly gave me the recipe. . . however she got her recipe from my gma and gpa and my dad got his recipe from my GREAT gma so I'm not sure which one is the original recipe. They both taste the same to me. Guess we will never know who's right. ANYWAYS. I made the fudge and it actually turned out!!! This is a huge accomplishment. I think I attempted to make a batch last year and it didn't work. I am so proud.

Here I am with my fudge. Yay! Here is the thing about the Routson Fudge. . . if you aren't a part of the family you either love it or hate it. . . . . . . . . . . .Great news. Shawn loves it. I guess he fits in (:

When Shawn got home we got started on our food assignments. Salad and mashed potatoes. Shawn peeled, cut and boiled all of the potatoes. I just did the mashing. Team effort. I just bought a bagged salad from Costco. I love that place. "You can literally buy everything you need from birth to death. They have diapers and coffins. . ."

Gpa Allgood and Stacey

Shawn and me with gpa

Mickie & Brandyn



The whole crew minus Talan and Preslie who were there but aren't pictured.

After dinner we hung out for a while. Mickie and Brandyn had to head to his parents and then shortly after that Shawn and I went to have dessert at my gma and gpas. They stayed home this thanksgiving to help my great aunt Hilda recover from eye surgery. Hilda is such a cute little old lady. She loved Maggie. We didn't get any pictures at my gma's. So sad. We had a pumpkin cheesecake that I bought. . . . . I mean MADE from scratch. After hanging out with my grandparents we headed back to spend a little more time with Rick and Stacey.

We had a good day. I missed my family. I hate missing out on things, but I can't be in 2 places at once. I also don't blame them for leaving. Half of their kids are out of the country, their oldest is all grown up, married, and has to be shared by another family, and poor Spenc shouldn't have to be bored on Thanksgiving. They went to Arizona to have Thanksgiving with Tyce and Becky and my gma and gpa Routson. They have been enjoying the nice warm weather. lame.

Things Shawn & I are grateful for this year:


Our little Eternal Family
The Gospel
Maggie

Family
old friends
new friends
neices & nephews
2 missionaries
good health
our jobs
working cars
soccer
sushi
nordstrom/the rack
modern family

happy thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. ummm...you need to bring that fudge back when there's not so much other crap we're obligated to eat...! It is good and you should be proud!
    luv ya!

    ReplyDelete