Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Team Party!!!

Shawn's '97 Prestige had their team party last saturday. We went to an all you can eat pizza place. Shawn presented some special awards, and their trophies. A nice speech was given by Jason, one of the parents, and I was PRAYING shawn wouldn't cry. I could tell his eyes were already glistening. Jason loves soccer just as much as Shawn. He is hardcore. In his little speech he talked about how he has been around soccer his whole life and he hasn't met a better coach than Shawn. He went on for a bit saying nice things.
Later that night we went to a movie with Jason and his wife Cherie. Cherie and I were talking about the speech and I told her about how I was hoping Shawn wouldn't get emotional and she laughed and said that she could tell Jason was getting choked up and she was praying he wouldn't cry. hahaha. We are married to nerds. I love it.
top row: Shawn, Max (mini shawn), Sam, Mason, Sean, Raquel (this year's mvp) & Chris
middle row: Ethan (goalie) Donavan, Ethan aka "Bing" & Jordan
bottom two: Christian & Bailey
not pictured: Kolby (most improved player), Cameron and Jordan Hancock

Shawn said nice things about all the kids as he presented their trophies. Here is the thing. They had an undefeated fall season. Which is great, but I felt like we were celebrating the end of something. We weren't though. There is never an end to this soccer madness. It's all year round. There is the spring outdoor season, then tryouts, then lots of summer practicing, followed by the fall season. . . and then after that when its freezing outside they play in a futsal league and practice indoors, then after futsal there is just normal indoor soccer league and then after that it's back to spring season.
my husband loves coaching. This team is actually my favorite team that Shawn coaches. Sorry '96 premier team. I'm sure I will grow to love the older boys too, Shawn has just coached this team longer. We have made great lifelong friends and I honestly enjoy going to all of their games.

1 comment:

  1. It is never ending! No use fighting it. I am glad the party went well and they all love Shawn. I bet he is a great coach! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete