Sunday, December 13, 2009

there is no place like home

For the last 5 weeks or so Shawn has been coaching his boys in a Futsal league down in Lehi. This last friday night while Shawn was coaching I was able to hang out with my mom and Spence. This is a little cheesy/corny. . . but here is what I loved about this last visit at my parents

Lehi is a small little town, but it feels like home. Shawn makes fun of me, but I just love it. I probably wouldn't want to live there my entire life, but it's the small town feel that makes it feel like home and I love it. So many memories of driving around that town, high school, soccer, friends. . .

gathering around the island, talking & eating

fighting over what to watch on DVR

taking spencer to coldstone

on the way to coldstone I had to stop in the middle of the road to let a 5 point buck cross. I didn't know I missed that, but I guess I did (:

singing in the car with someone who can harmonize with me, Spencer. Shawn is tone def. He tries, bless his heart.

singing along to boys like girls & onerepublic brought back memories of singing with my brothers. My dad used to force us to learn his favorite songs. hahaha It's pretty sad that we know so many elton john, carpenters & james taylor songs.

my mom's house was all decorated for the holiday season. It brought back all sorts of christmas memories.

kevin is coming home in 2 1/2 weeks. A lot of the night was spent talking and thinking about what life will be like when he gets home. I can't wait.

watching Oprah with my mom, just like old times

driving spencer to my old high school for a basketball game. I loved high school. I loved my friends, I loved most of my teachers, I loved my soccer team, I loved going to all the games . . . I hated the drama. now I have new drama. grown up mature drama of course.

not having a care in the world, no worries, no stress.

I told my mom that Shawn and I couldn't have hot chocolate because we didn't have any mugs. She totally whipped out 8 matching mugs and sent them home with me. Mom's are great.

Shawn dropped me off at my parents, so I didn't have a car. I felt a little stranded and trapped. Just like in high school . I had to ask and take my mom's car to go somewhere. haha

my gma and gpa stopped by to visit. my cute gramma loves to tease me about all the junk food I eat. I was still eating my coldstone when she stopped by and said to me, "Angela I don't know why your not a big fat chunk by now". gotta love my gramma (:

Most of all I just loved hanging out at my parents with Spencer & my mom. My dad was out of town. I love my mom's house. It just feels like home. I'm thinking that it's the family part that makes it feel like home. You are probably thinking that my life with Shawn doesn't feel like home. It does, it just has a new feel to it. I love both homes (: And pretty soon I will have 2 brothers home to visit, instead of just one! yay!

When I go to my parents later today for a 2nd thanksgiving dinner I will take a picture of my parent's cute house and post it.

1 comment:

  1. I love Lehi, I also think it has a nice small town feel to it :) I still live in Lehi for all the reason's that you listed above. I want my kids to have the same great place to call home :)

    ReplyDelete