Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009

Highlights of this Christmas . . . . .

Christmas Eve
  • Spending time with Shawn's Family. We went to see Alvin and the chipmunks (we hated it, but the kids loved it).

    Shawn & Preslie at the movies
  • Sleeping in
  • Telling Christmas stories at my grandparents

  • Seeing my grandpa's latest invention. . . it's a tricycle golf cart.

  • Spending almost 2 hours talking to my brother Curtis. He is on an LDS mission in South Korea. He sounds so positive and happy. He is completely in love with the Korean people and is trying so hard to become fluent in the language. I definitely have a testimony that missionaries are called to their missions by our Heavenly Father. Korea is hard for missionaries because the people are unaware of the basic christian fundamentals. They don't even celebrate Christmas. A lot of Curtis' time is spent gaining "happy points" (by making some one's day a little better, or by giving a positive representation of our church). Curtis is such an upbeat, easy going, positive person and I know he was sent to his mission because of it. I'm sure that someone has been touched or has gained an interest in our church from one of his "happy points" even though he may not or may never know it!

  • We went to see "Avatar" in the mid morning & loved it!
  • Nerf guns at my parents (Shawn might also be banned from nerf guns @ my parents)

Christmas Day

  • Waking up and doing our own little Christmas.

Maggie got her own little stocking

  • Doing brunch at the Schneider's house.
  • Playing with Payson & Talan's new toys. (Shawn is no longer aloud to play mario brother's at Mickie's (: haha)

  • Talking to Kevin for a bit! It made me sooooo excited for him to come home! 3 more days!!!

  • Having Christmas dinner at my mom's. She made a yummy yummy ham!
  • Putting together puzzle's, a fun tradition.
  • and lots of fun other stuff!!!
Fun gifts we received. . .

memory foam matress pad
new duvet

I bought shawn adidas predator cleats! He was so surprised / excited. I also gave him some Michael Jackson cd's (apparently all of his cd's were stolen when he was on his mission), a calle shirt, "Angels & Demons" and some other little things
Shawn gave me a new ipod nano! I was really excited because I have one of the old school first ipod video's. . . it's just too big to take to the gym. He also gave me a new touch phone, a season of friends, glee cd & some other things.

Anyways we had a great Christmas!!! On Christmas day I said to Shawn, "maybe we will have a baby by next Christmas?" And then we both just shook our heads in a unison NO. Sorry Stacey & Mick. I'm really really not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. UHHG atleast I only have to work mon & tues. All of our family starts to come in on Wednesday for Kevin's Homecoming!!!!! 3 more days!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome Christmas! I love your hello kitty pj's and I'm super jealous of your memory foam mattress pad. I want one so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm...how do you spell me sticking my tongue out and saying..bllllaaah! to the no baby! You will make good parents when the time is right! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete