Friday, November 27, 2009

The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Months ago we bought tickets for New Moon. Lindsey's cousin rented out a theater and sold all of the tickets. Shawn and I have been fans of the books. . . I wouldn't say HUGE fans. But we definitely enjoyed them and read every single one of them. We HATED the first movie "Twilight". So corny/cheesy/horribly made. So. . . the day finally came, November 13, when we went to go see the movie. Shawn was actually not able to go because he was coaching Futsal so I took my mom instead. It was fun to have a girls night out with my friends and my mom. Shawn would have been the only guy, but he wouldn't have cared at all.

Andrea (Lindsey's friend) Lindsey, Liz and Myself

We got there early enough to get the best seats. Good thing we did because they had a fun raffle thing going on. While I was getting popcorn with my mom I won the "New Moon" Soundtrack. Lindsey accepted the prize for me. I was pretty excited, I never win anything.

About the movie: I thought it was a lot better than Twilight. Except for every scene Edward is in is awkward and cheesy. I wish they would have invested in some better actors for these movies. . . but I have to admit Bella or Kristen Stewart did a lot better in this one. I haven't rushed to go see the movie again with Shawn. Not in any hurry to see it again.

Side note: Shawn and I saw Blindside last weekend and LOVED it. Definitely a "Must See".

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. I was so very disappointed when I heard Twilight was coming out just as the popularity of the books was on the rise. If they had waited just a little longer they would've had much better funding and been able to afford better actors. Dumb. So now they have a HUGE budget and are stuck with the same old crappy ones. Taylor (Jacob) is just awful and Robert (Edward) is Laughable at best. Congrats on the win though! I never win anything either.

    ReplyDelete