Monday, September 21, 2009

Kevin is coming home soon!




I finally got Kev to tell me his release date. I have asked him in every email every week for the last couple of months. He claimed he didn't know, and that we would know before him because my mom and dad would be sent his itinerary. I kept telling him that I had friends who already had their brother's release dates that were all the way in March. I tried telling him that missionaries shouldn't lie. . .I told him I was going to call his mission president. . . I tried everything!

This last weekend I was sitting with the parents while watching Shawn's younger team and I started talking to Kioko about Kev not telling me his release date. She turned to her husband Carl and said that he knew how to find out his release date by calling this church missionary travel number. So pretty much I told him I was going to call this number that I found and he must have been online at the same time because he responded and we emailed back a couple of times. Our conversation looked exactly like this:

Kevin: The date is the 30th of december ok ill be home the 31st

Angela:hahaha are you serious??? what the crap. why didn't you just tell me! and why are you missing 3 christmases? i'm leaving the church.

Kevin:I told you that when i had like a year left, i was gonna have to have 3 x mases here. o well es lo que hay.


Anyways, Kevin left Dec 19 (before Christmas) and is coming home Dec 30 (after Christmas). 3 total Christmases missed. So lame. I will get over it. Seriously tho . . . that is so messed up to do don't you think? I'm over it

It was almost 2 yrs ago that Kevin opened
his mission call to Concepcion, Chile


Kevin with his best friend Bryce
who is in Mexico. He just hit his 1 year mark!

Kev with my parents at the MTC
He looks so happy huh

Long story short I'm way excited about Kev coming home. 2 yrs is a long time, but I know he is where he is supposed to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment