Monday, October 18, 2010

fall break with out Shawn

Bryce's family invited my family to their friends cabin over the fall break. I didn't have any plans but Shawn's boys had State Cup. It was a hard decision for me to make. Worst part was that Bryce told me that we probably wouldn't have any cell service! I know...I'm a baby.

On our way there we stopped at a little town...Fairview? It was really close to the cabin. Anyways we stopped for some hamburgers (everyone else had hamburgers, I opted for a raspberry shake and french fries, so healthy right?) It was pretty depressing with everyone in coupled off in booths and I had to sit all by myself!
My parents with Lynette & Andy

We stayed at this pretty cabin.
Kevin thought he was so tough...He climbed up this tall tree trunk...he was wishing he had his new ninja shoes. It would have been more stealth-like gramma (:

gramma after hearing kevin's ninja shoes story:
gramma: steeeeaaaallllth?
Kevin: yes gramma, stealth.
gramma: stealth?
Kevin: YES, STEALTH
gramma: what the HELL is stealth? (first time I have ever heard her swear)


Bryce's Family: Andy, Lynette, Bryce & Nate.
The first night my mom made us all go on a walk. I agreed hoping that I would find cell service. NOPE. So annoying. We walked for like 45 minutes. We stopped to pose on this awesome, old snow tractor thing.
The trees were very pretty.
My mom pondering.
Kevin playing his guitar
Friday morning we drove to the Harris' property that was near the cabin and we spent most of the day there. I had service right outside of their property. It had been like a whole 26 hours that Shawn and I didn't have any contact. Not even text! ... They had this fun little rope swing. Their property is awesome for 4-wheeling and maybe one day they will get me up there to really "rough" it and camp.
Lynette took us on a "girls" trail.
And then we went on a tougher trail. It was lots of fun and so pretty. Everyone underestimated my sweet 4-wheeling skills.
Spencer chillin
Kevin & Spencer went fishing with my dad and then cooked what they caught or dinner. They were very proud.
Another fire.

We had so much fun at the cabin. Bryce's family is so nice and so much fun. We had fun watching movies, enjoying nature & playing games. The boys tormented me for most of the trip (I had to resort to pinching and scratching) and I was ready to go home on Saturday. I missed Shawn so much.

When I got home we had a couple of things to do and then Shawn went to work at the Real game. Because he was working the game we got 2 free tickets. My friend Elena came with me. It was weird watching a game with out Shawn. Real won 2-0. We are back at the very top of the league. Elena was so cute and so excited to be at the game. She called her husband every time we scored. Elena is in my hygiene program. She is from Seattle and moved here when she got accepted into the program. Her husband lives and works in Seattle...so she rarely gets to see him. I would not be able to handle it! When I first met her she didn't know anyone in Utah and was living in a hotel all by herself! She is annoying because she is super gorgeous and teeny tiny...oh and because she has an awesome accent. She moved to the US 5 years ago from Romania.
I don't know why this picture turned out retarded. sorry.

Then after the game Ashely & Scotty came over to watch a movie. I should have taken a picture. It's always fun to have them over!

I had a good fall break. I just hate being away from Shawn. Next weekend he is going to Idaho with his dad. Not going to be good.

2 comments:

  1. Good job on this post Angela! It made me feel like I was there. Oh yea, I was there! I'm glad you came. It was great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents own some property down by fairview. I love it down there, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete