Sunday, July 31, 2011

Everything happens for a reason

The last few months have been kind of crazy. Shawn is changing jobs...school is intense...life changing things...etc. Pretty much being a grown up just sux a** sometimes. We are just realizing it a lot more now than ever.

Here's the thing that has been bugging me, when someone says "everything happens for a reason". REALLY? oh my gosh that is so profound and I didn't ever think of it before! Um NOT.

It is true, and I do believe everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is just messed up and unfair. And pointing out the fact that everything happens for a reason doesn't make you feel any better at the time.

So don't say it to me.

Good day

6 comments:

  1. I hope everything is ok. Sending light and love your way. Touch base soon! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you... sometimes it's best to say that long after when you can see how the trial has helped you grow or learn... not during the hard times... it's like when people say, "I know how you feel". I hate that! no, you don't know how I feel because you aren't me and you haven't experienced all the same things as me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. couldnt agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really believe everything happens for a reason. I mean, literally yes. The reason a person gets hit by a train is because they were in front of a train.
    But I dont necessarily believe that if your alarm doesn't go off and you accidentally sleep in and are later for work, that you were going to die on the way to work that day..or something. Like the people that werent at work at the world trade center. Oh, all those people that had a flat tire, or were sick, etc that werent killed in the terrorist attacks were the only ones that werent supposed to die that day? Please. come on. I've been wanting to post a blog soon about it. I believe we are blessed often (especially if we keep the commandments) and there are also blessings in disguise, but "everything happens for a reason" is one of the most annoying things i hear.

    ps. Yes I will teach in Salt Lake, but haven't really thought about where yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, this reminds me of Fez on That 70s Show; "Good day!... I said GOOD DAY sir!" lol. P.S. We need to be friends on Pinterest asap so what is your id on there? Mine is sugarspicealle.

    ReplyDelete