Sunday, July 31, 2011

movie stubs in my purse part 3

 

Remember 5*'s are the highest rank. 
In no particular order...Let me know what you liked/disliked.
  • Justin Bieber:  I have already talked about this movie.  Love it.  Love him.  You can laugh. ****
  • Lincoln Lawyer:  This movie was not at all what I expected, but in a good way. It's one of those movies that you can only watch once ever couple of years though.  It has a crazy twist.  ***

  • Something Borrowed:  I don't know how I feel about this movie.  I lOvEd the cast.  Who doesn't love Kate Hudson?   If you don't like her don't tell me.  Ginnifer Goodwin was awesome...and my favorite was of course was John Krasinski.  The movie had a weird ending...but I later found out it's because there will be a sequel.  I think the next one will be even better!  ***
  • Adjustment Bureau:  This movie was a thinker.  It was pretty thought provoking.  I need to see it again.  ****
  • Super 8:  This was probably my favorite movie of the summer?  Maybe a close 2nd. If you took away the annoying spider/monster it would have been even better.  But it's okay because the majority of the movie was just about the kids...and the kids were hilarious.  We both totally loved this movie.  *****
 
  • Transformers: Dark of the Moon:  Hmmm...I have mixed feelings about this movie.  I loved all of the Transformers but this one I feel like it kind of lacked something.  The new chick was annoyingly gorgeous...and an awful actor.  I'm so sad that this was the last movie.  I think I have a little crush on Shia.  He needs to grow about 13 inches though.  Maybe I need to see this movie again.  I was pretty distracted with the 11 gangster teenagers that were driving me nuts during the movie.  At one point I called the girls a bad name...and they heard...and Shawn almost had to fight all of the Polynesian boys. Overall it was good though.  ***
  • Fast Five:  Shawn had been dying to see this movie ever since he saw that it was filmed in Rio De Janeiro (where he served his mission).  It showed a lot of places that he has been so that was pretty awesome.  It was probably my favorite movie out of all of the other Fast & Furious movies.  Paul Walker isn't too bad to look at (:  ****
                                                                   
  • Rango:  I feel like I've already talked about this movie before.  I can tell you all again how much I hated it.  Hated it.  The characters are disgusting.  Not a kids movie at all.  Gross adult humor the whole movie.  *
  • Pirates of the Caribbean:On Stranger Tides:  I am not that into the Pirate's movies.  The first one was really good I guess.  I liked the mermaids in this one...but I hate how the movie ended.  **
  • Bridesmaids:  K this movie was so funny.  There were too many awkward moments though.  Shawn and I both can't stand movies where everything possible goes wrong...but this movie might be one we could see again.  **

  • Larry Crowne:  What's not to love?  Tom Hanks?  Good.  Julia Roberts?  Good.  Tom + Julia?  Gooood.  (I was quoting Joey from Friends, in case you didn't catch that).  It was kind of slower pace, but still captivating.  I loved the quirkiness.  Go see it.  ****
  • Hall Pass:  From the previews you can totally tell what you are going to get with this movie.  Which is okay.  The movie kind of dragged on forever and I was glad when it ended.  Don't worry...I'm dumb and would totally see it again though.  **
  • Water for Elephants:  I love Reese Witherspoon.  I hate Robert Pattinson.  I'm sorry for all of you Edward lovers out there.  I just do not get why anyone would find him attractive.  Anyway, I loved the storyline.  It kind of reminded me of The Notebook.  I could not handle when the mean man was beating the elephant.  Seriously I will not watch that movie ever again just because of that. However, I would recommend it to all.  ****
  • Limitless:  This movie was crazy.  Totally has you on the edge of your seat, ready to pee your pants, the whole movie.  I think this is Bradley Cooper's best movie.  He was awesome.  *****

    • Arthur:  I didn't know what to expect with this one.  I am kind of embarrassed to admit that I really liked it.  I think it's cute.  **** 
    • Source Code:  I did not like this movie.  I don't really like any of the Groundhog Day types of movies.  Too boring and repetitive.  It's a shame, because I love Jake Gyllenhaal. **
    • Sanctum:  EW Ew Ew.  Our dear friend Paul asked us to see this with him and Suzy.  It was so gruesome.  Not at all realistic.  Based on a true story?  Um ya right.  I prefer not to see people get eaten, or scalped, when I go to see a movie.  * 
    • Just Go With It:  This is one of the first Adam Sandler movies that I actually liked in what seems like forever.  Sometimes his movies are so lifeless and dull...and cheesy and predictable.  The kids in this movie were so funny to me.  It was so random that Nicole Kidman was in it too.  Funny chick flick.  ***
















    • Horrible Bosses:  Oh my gosh, this movie is my favorite movie of the whole summer.  The summer isn't over yet, but I'm pretty confident nothing will top it.  Shawn told me that he has never heard me laugh so much.  I just could not get over the little guy's voice, Charlie Day.  He has this hilarious squeaky, raspy voice that just kills me.  We have already seen this movie twice.  It's not the cleanest movie...obviously.  Sometimes movies that have a lot of big names aren't very great.  This one is not one of those.  Everyone was awesome.  Loved Jaime Foxx. Loved everyone.  Loved the movie.  ***** 
    • Hangover Part II:  You knew it wasn't going to be as good as the first one.  Going into the movie knowing that made it not so bad.  I don't know why they didn't try to mix things up a bit.  "Classic".  *** 
    • Rio:  It's a cute kids movie. Not the best.  Probably not one I'll buy.  ***












      • Friends With Benefits:  The last 10 years I have been living a lie.  After seeing this movie I can finally admit out loud to the blogging world that I have a crush on Justin Timberlake.  A crush that has lasted about 13 years.  I actually kind of forgot that I had this crush.  I also have a crush on Mila Kunis.  She is hot.  The first half hour of the movie was pretty lame, but it got better and it actually had a pretty cute story line.  ****
      • No Strings Attached:  I wasn't a huge fan of this movie.  It was okay.  Don't worry, I'm still a huge fan of Ashton Kutcher. ***
        Movies that we are looking forward to seeing: 




        No comments:

        Post a Comment