Tuesday, July 5, 2011

California 2011

 I have so much to catch up on.  I don't even know where to start.  I guess I'll start with the most recent, and then work my way back.

My school is getting ridiculously hardcore.  I could make a whole post on their cruel strictness...but I don't want to talk about it.  The last 14 months of school we have had a week off every 12 weeks.  Which was so nice and very much needed.  Now they have changed it. All we get for the next 17 months is a lousy Christmas break.  Our last break happened to fall over our anniversary.  Because we are ridiculously poor we decided to drive to the beach and cash in Shawn's Marriott rewards points and stay in southern California for 5 nights.  

Saturday June 25th we headed out. We had made our first stop at  my parents to drop off Maggie.  My mom's flowers are always so pretty. We then drove to Vegas and stayed a night with my uncle Scott & aunt Jenn.
Sunday we headed to our hotel.  It was near Huntington Beach. 
It was heavenly.  We just love the ocean.  Couldn't get enough of it. 
 On Monday, our actual anniversary, we spent the day at the beach and then met up with some of my Routson cousins for dinner at Freds.  It was yummy.  It was also fun to see them.  I hardly ever get to see these guys.
Denny. Lori. Langley. Me.
 Tuesday we spent the day at Seal beach.  It was a little cooler this day but we still just loved relaxing and reading on the ocean.  We headed back to the pier after dinner and enjoyed the sunset.
 
 Wednesday we left bright and early for Disneyland.  We thought we had to go since we both hadn't been for years.  Let me tell you...it was not magical.  It was bloody hot, so so crowded, and we spent the whole day in lines.  We did have a lot of fun, but we will not be going back anytime soon.  We spent 275$ in one day at Disneyland.  We would have preferred spending the day at the beach...for free!!!  I vowed that we would not return until we had children that were old enough to be out of strollers.  I'm sure its a lot more magical with kids.

 They did give us these fun buttons.  Everyone wished us a happy anniversary all day (:
 Color my world was pretty awesome. 
 The toy story ride was also pretty awesome...because I killed Shawn in the little game.
I was so proud!
 Poor Shawn burnt the tops of his feet the first day at the beach.  He didn't listen to me...
 We went to the yummy taco restaurant on Seal beach.  It was so yummy. 
Seriously could not get enough of the beach.  If we could live in California, we would. Maybe when I'm done with school?
 
 We spent 10 hours at Newport beach on our last day.  Shawn loves skim boarding.

 We spent Friday afternoon swimming with Scott and the kids at Mandalay Bay's cool shark pool. 
Then Saturday we spent the day at the Barnes swimming and eating yummy food. 
We always have lots of fun visiting our Vegas family.
Mitch's gf Michelle. Mitch. Afton. Scotty. Ashley. Tanner. Shawn.

We came home Sunday and had a great 4th of July yesterday.  We had such a great vacation and are so sad to be back home to reality.  blah. 


2 comments:

  1. Ang, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! I sure love and miss you! I'm glad you finally got a break from school and got to spend some time at the beach. P.S. If you need more beach time, just fly your little butts out to my house, stay for free :), and we'll go to the beach in FL. Deal?? Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ang!! I am so very excited! I am only 6 weeks along. I have a long pregnancy ahead! Hahahahaha I want to meet up asap! Since I come down a lot, you name a good time. my # is 208.240.0632 text me! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete