Sunday, August 21, 2011

Nauvoo

In March my family went on a trip to Nauvoo. It was my dad's wish for his 50th birthday.   Shawn wasn't able to go because he had training in Chicago.  We decided to add Chicago to the list of places to go.  My family drove all the way to Missouri and they picked me up at the airport in St. Louis.  They made a lot of fun stops on the way...they can blog about that on their own.

My aunt Louis has a house across the river from Nauvoo in Montrose.  It had the most gorgeous view.  They call in the "Nauview House".  We stayed there for about 3 days and filled as much in as we could. 
Famous Rootbeer at the RedBrick House
We went on a carriage tour ride thing. It was really cold, but really cool.
We had fun going to all of the little shops and hearing the missionaries talk about everything. 

 The 2nd day we headed to Carthridge.  We were so sad because they were redoing the floors in the jail and we weren't aloud to go in at all.  The only thing we could do is walk around the jail, and then go into the visitors center.  I wish we could have gone in, but it was still a great experience.
After Carthridge we went to the temple.  It was seriously so great to be in the temple with my brothers and my parents.  We did baptisms for the dead all together, then Spencer left, and the rest of us did some more temple work.  My favorite was the baptisms.  It was such a special experience. 


Coming out of the temple there was a beautiful sunset.
 On the last day we did the Church of Christ's tour.  It was cool to see Joseph Smiths house and grave, but their guides and everything else were lame. 

On our way out we walked down the trail of tears. 
All of us at the Nauview house.


At first I was not at all excited to go to Nauvoo, but it turned out to be a great trip. I mean I don't plan on going back anytime soon...but I'm glad my parents were able to go and enjoy it with all of us.  :)  It was a great family trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment