Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chicago

After Nauvoo we headed to Chicago. It was only a 4-5 hr drive. 
We had a lot of time to argue and play games.
When we got to the hotel Shawn had surprised me with my favorite candy and a big welcome banner.  He is so cute.
The first night Shawn took us to a yummy pizza place called Illuminates. 
The first day Shawn had to work...so the rest of us went exploring.  We were all pretty toured out and didn't really have anything planned.  So we started out at the Navy Pier and then pretty much just walked...and explored...and walked...a lot!


It was freezing!


It rained pretty much the whole day.
Kevin really wanted to see the Millennium Bean...we walked forever trying to find it!
After being in the city all day we went back to Schaumberg where we were all staying at a hotel.  Schaumberg has one of the biggest malls in the country.  So we spent the evening shopping it up.  H&M was where we all spent the most $.  

My family only stayed 2 nights...and really only 1 day in Chicago.  They were pretty tired and needed to get home.  

Shawn and I spent all of Saturday and Sunday in Chicago.  We had so much fun. 
We went to the Willis tower.  We were lucky it was a nicer day.


After the tower we spent the rest of the day walking around and eating yummy food.  

We ended up at the art museum. 


The art museum was amazing.  We just didn't have enough time to see everything.  It was huge.  I think that if we spent a whole week in the museum we wouldn't have seen it all.  

We walked so much on Saturday...the next day I was so sore.  I had no idea you could be sore from walking...and I'm kind of a runner! We had so much fun though.  I think Shawn and I could enjoy living in a big city like Chicago.  Actually...I think we would love it. 
Loved the train stations.  I was amazed by all of the beautiful architecture.  Everything seemed so old and charming.
Sunday we spent the day shopping...and more exploring...and then that night we went with a couple of Shawn's Canon friends to the Second City Comedy Show.  It was awesome!
I was so sad that I had to go home Monday.  I had to be back for school.  I hope we can go back some day.

1 comment:

  1. Ang! I love you! You are so adorable. Looks like you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete