Thursday, October 8, 2009

Birthday Celebrations

I'm adding on to my earlier post. . . (my birthday lasts for a long time)
Friday the 9th we celebrated my birthday with Shawn's family. Stacey made 3 different kinds of soup and we had them in bread bowls. I LOVE her famous clam chowder. It is so good. I suck at making clam chowder, just ask Shawn. We had fun just hanging out. Our good friends Rey & Emily came over for dinner & hung out with us too. Everyone spoiled me(:

Uncle Shawn & Preslie

The Blymiller Fam

Pays & Me

Ray & Em

I LOVE birthdays . . . especially mine. Every year I think to myself "hmmm maybe this year will be the year where I grow up and realize that the world doesn't stop for my birthday". Uh maybe next year? I haven't grown up. . . obviously. I am now 23. yay! I feel like I have been waiting my whole life to turn 23. It's still young but just old enough not to be considered really young. Its a nice odd number. . . I love being 23 (:

My Birthday week started on Sunday. . . I like to call it my "Sunday Birthday". My mom always makes us whatever we want for our sunday birthday. . . and our favorite dessert. Its always a nice relaxing day. I always look forward to it. My gma and gpa came to spend the evening with us too. This year I asked for roast with carrots, mashed potatoes and gravy, and ceasar's salad. YUMMY my mom is the best cook!


My family at the dinner table. . .

I love my husband, he is hot!

Spenc & my Gpa

Shawn was throwing Maggie up. . . like you do with little kids. My Gma was not loving it. She told him he better not do that to her grandkids in the future. . . I had to correct her that it would be her GREAT grandkids! hehe

Time to open presents!

My parents got me a great corning set. I have no idea why its called corning. hmmm but i'm super excited. I didn't get anything like this for our wedding and I have been wanting it for a while. I'm excited to try it out!

My mom makes my ice cream cake. It is SO good. She had 3 layers. Mint hotfudge, chocolate mixed with cinnamon (my fav) crushed oreos and cake batter. Oh it was so good, and is still good. I have had a slice every day since sunday!

Now for my REAL birthday. I had the day off from work, and Shawn stayed home from school. He surprised me with a couple's massage in the morning. It was so nice! Then we went home and got ready for the day. . . and then went shopping. I didn't find anything at the mall. . . but don't worry. Nordstrom Rack did not fail me. Wow I can't believe how much I love that store. I was informed today about a Nordstrom credit card. I won't even let myself think about that. I can just imagine how horribly amazing that would be. . . . .

After shopping we went to see "Whip it". It was pretty cute. We went to Sushi after. It was sooo yummy! I love sushi!!!

Maggie & Me. She didn't get me a present. . .

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Angela! How could it have been 23 years ago when I was at byu anbd your dad came and picked me up to go meet my first niece??? I was the only family around! Lucky me!! That cake looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Angela! Aren't you still 16? Time sure flies by!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang! It doesn't get any cuter than you! I love your statement "I love my husband, he is hot." Do you love him because he is hot??? Or I love my husband, and he is hot! Either way, your both hot! I am following you, YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are cute! Happy Birthday Ang! I agree, 23 is a great age. YOu don't feel stupid for telling people you are already married at so young and you don't feel too old. It is a magic age :) Ha Ha, glad that you had a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, the picture of you and Maggie is sooooo cute! I love it! You are a doll!

    ReplyDelete