Monday, January 10, 2011

Dumpster Diving

Dear Journal,

Last Sunday, before church, the husband asked where our rent check was. He said he had left it on the table, but I didn't know where it was, and couldn't remember ever seeing it. While I hurried to Nursery, Shawn stayed home to look for it.

Now apparently there is a difference between a cashier's check & just a normal check. A big difference! A cashiers check is the same as cash...and evidently that's what we use to pay our rent.

Shawn showed up to Nursery an hour late...with no luck finding the check. The thing is I have a bad habit of throwing things away...nothing is safe when it's put on the table. So we knew what we had to do.
While I was at church Shawn had already probed around the dumpster with a broom. I didn't want this issue to become a big fight, so I offered to get in the dumpster. Can you even believe it? I didn't even make a big deal out of it.

I was wore lots of layers and every inch of my body was covered so that nothing could touch my skin. Before I climbed in we decided that the game plan was to start at one corner, work my way down and then around while handing bags out to Shawn. Worst part was the dumpster was full and it was 14 degrees outside!!! It was actually pretty easy to tell which garbage bags were ours or not.

So after going all the way, down, and around the dumpster our bag was on the very last bottom corner. We took the bag out and where was the check? In the bottom of the bag on top of the junk mail. I threw it out with the junk mail...

At least we found it right? Shawn grabbed his phone to take some embarrassing pictures, and then sent it to my entire family. No one could believe I got in the dumpster.

The end...still can't believe I did it!

6 comments:

  1. Lehi Jr. High Track Sweatshirt, REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!

    Ha ha this story just made my day, love it!!
    so crazy that you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha...love it. good sport and it's good to hear that I'm NOT the only one who cleans up stuff! See, it's not the scary Nona disease....it's just a I can't stand clutter disease!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priceless! That's pretty gross though. Your kids will love that story :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela, have I told you how much I love you before!? My goodness, I was laughing my butt off during this post! You're so dang funny and cute. I loved the good 'ol Lehi sweatshirt and your face! :) Seriously, what a fantastic story to make my day!! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete