Sunday, January 23, 2011

Movie Stubs In My Purse Part 2

Back by popular demand...
Most of these movies are from 2010, but a few are from this month. Remember 5*'s are the highest rank.
In no particular order...
  • The Back Up Plan: This one some how missed my last post. It was kind of a random movie, but I'm a sucker for J-Lo and her chick flicks. ***
  • Little Fockers: I don't know why I watch these movies. They are so awkward! Anything that can go wrong, goes wrong...and I just can't even stand the anxiety. There were some funny parts, but overall it was exactly what you would expect. **
  • Due Date: We love Zac Galifianakis. We didn't go into this movie with any high expectations...because what could be better than the hangover? We laughed during most of the movie. It was dumb, but we loved it. ****
  • Despicable Me: I already did a review on this one. But I had to mention it again. I freaking LOVE this movie! I took Kallie to see it once, the nephews once, and then Shawn and I saw it again too. "It's so fluffy I'm going to die!!!" *****
  • The American: Ew, ew, ew! We walked out halfway through. We hated it. I have no idea where the movie was going...will someone please tell me? Dear George Clooney, what the hell were you thinking? We all know you are hot, but you are old now. Please wear clothes next time. *
  • Wall Street: Shawn loved this movie, I liked it. Shia Labeouf is pretty awesome, we will definitely buy this movie. ****
  • Unstoppable: Have I mentioned my love for Denzel? I think I have. We had high expectations and he didn't disappoint. It was pretty intense! ****
  • Red: This movie was freaking awesome! We were totally surprised, not at all what we expected. John Malkovich was my favorite. I can't wait to watch this movie with Curtis. *****
  • Life As We Know It: Totally cheesy and awesome. Why is Josh Duhamel with Fergie? I hate her. ***
  • How Do You Know: It was okay...I might like it more if I watched it again. Paul Rudd was pretty funny. **1/2
  • True Grit: Pretty sure I couldn't understand these guys the whole movie. It was the most random movie I've ever seen. Probably wont sit through it again, but it was alright? **
  • Easy A: I went with my mom & Ash. We didn't know what this movie was going to be like at all. We loved it. Seriously it's a must see. Pretty much one of my fav's. *****
  • Country Strong: I'm embarrassed to say that I loved this movie. I mean I hate country music...yet as soon as I got home I jumped on iTunes and bought the soundtrack. I love Gwyneth Paltrow. ****
  • The Dilemma: I love Vince Vaughn and I love Kevin James, but you can tell from the previews that you will hate this movie. Everything that can go wrong does. Shawn & Paul almost had to walk out from the awkwardness. *
  • The Next Three Days: The movie kind of dragged, but overall it was good. Not as suspenseful as I was thinking it might be. ***
  • Fighter: Christian Bale was amazing. I really think he became a coc-addict for this movie. Movie was great. ****1/2
  • Love and Other Drugs: Probably the most uncomfortable movie I've ever watched with my parents! So glad Shawn couldn't come... Um it had a really good storyline. I just won't be able to ever look at Anne Hathaway the same. **
  • Tangled: I saw it once with Shawn, and then took Kal to see it too. We all loved this movie! It was just like the old Disney Classics (the singing & humor). *****
  • Hereafter: Totally disappointed. It felt like the movie took forever to go anywhere. *
  • The Tourist: Um would you like to sit and stare at Angelina Jolie's face for 2 hours? It gets old after 20 minutes. Johnny Depp saved the movie. ***
  • You Again: I had low expectations...but it wasn't bad. Ashley and I spent most of the movie laughing at how hard my mom was laughing! ***
  • Megamind: I was surprised that Brad Pitt had such a small role. Loved Will Ferrell in this one. ****
  • Green Hornet: I have been a big fan of Seth Rogen ever since my mom, yes my mom, took me to see Knocked Up. It was a little long, but we loved it. ****
mmk so I think that covers it! Here are the movies that we are excited to see in the next few months:Yes...both of us are excited to see this movie.
nOw gO wAtCh SoMe MoViEs!

3 comments:

  1. i like this! i haven't seen any of these movies...but now i know which ones to see. Thanks ang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to know what people think of movies so it's fun when you do this. For one...you see a lot of movies, which is awesome. We love movies and tv series at our house. I loved easy A too haha it was funny, it had a mean girls feel to it. We loved the fighter too, we haven't seen many of these recent movies unfortunately. We saw true grit but we liked it. We need to watch wall street, we wanted to watch the original one first so that's why we haven't yet. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete