Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Present

So excited.....

Now I realize that you are supposed to be poor and not have very much when you are newly weds; however our old couch was ridiculous. It did it's job I suppose...but not to its full potential. I will have to take a picture of the old beast and put it up so you can compare for yourself.

We decided that it was time for a new couch. Actually, Shawn decided to give in after asking for the 872nd time. I'm embarrassed to say that after an adult-like tantrum last spring at Ashley Furniture Warehouse, Shawn had very good reasons for not giving into a couch for this long. I did some research online and decided I was going to head out to look after work. Shawn had to coach so I took Stacey with me so that the the salesmen wouldn't screw me over (apparently I look much younger than my actual age, such a shocker). I hated all of the ones that I had thought I liked from the internet. And then we stumbled upon this couch.


Of course it was one of the last ones the salesman showed me because it was on clearance. It was the floor model & we fell in love with it. Shawn got home from coaching and I took him immediately to show it to him. At first he said he hated it, but then he sat on it and loved it. Most importantly it's a 2600$ couch and we got it for much much less!!! It's so comfortable and it will go with anything. See the opening between the two couches??? Well there is supposed to be another piece there. It's a big sectional. It wouldn't fit in our apartment so it's currently residing in our spare bedroom...with the old couch.

I LOVE IT except I'm a little nervous because we are needing to buy Shawn a new car because his acura recently broke down.....great timing!

Thank you Brandyn & Rick for helping my hubby haul it home!!! It was fun having Brandyn & Mickie over with the kids and EVERYONE could actually sit somewhere on the couch.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Your apartment looks so cute. I especially love the picture of the temple! That's a very nice couch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good on paper...now we'll have to see in person eeh!! Glad you had a good time in st george, actually kind of jealous! Aching for a warm get away! Now, let's see the new car! life happens and you two are doing great. Have I told you how proud I am of you lately. Cause...well I am! My heart is full as I watch the two of you grow! love ya! Ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I love to get new furniture! It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is definitely one good looking couch! Can't wait to see it in person when you guys invite us over for game night! HA HA jk. Your house looks very cute. I like the picture frame above the couch.

    ReplyDelete