Thursday, July 30, 2009

FFF weekend!

F.F.F. Growing up it stood for "Forced Family Fun". Now that I'm 22 and very very mature it means Family Fun Filled weekend. haha ya i'm a nerd. We had such a good 24th of July weekend! I took Thursday off from work and Shawn and I picked up Payson and Talan and headed up to their little lake. It was SO hot but such a nice day. We had fun building sand castles (Talan was the sand castle monster and loved to destroy them), swimming, laying out and just playing with the boys. Stacey saved the day when she came up late in the afternoon with snow cones for us!

Thursday was also Chris' birthday, so after the lake we hurried home, showered and headed to Shawn's parents for the birthday party. Its always fun when everyone is hanging out. We had a bbq and just relaxed and enjoyed the food and company.

Friday, the 24th, we went up to Deer Creek with all of Shawn's fam + the adopted brother Mark and his wife. We headed up WAY early to save a spot and camped out for a while until it warmed up. The wave runners were out all day long. It was an awesome day!

We headed home and got ready to go out with Chris and Tahnie. We went to the Myan for dinner. K it was cool but way weird. I felt like I was in the middle of the rain forest . . and at any time it could start pouring on me. It even felt like humid. . .and I honestly think I got some bug bites. The divers were cool. . .food was okay. After dinner we walked down to the Real game. First half we thought it was the most boring game ever, then it turned out to be a really close game with lots of goals (can't remember the score). After the game was over we stayed for the fireworks. They were a lot of fun and it was so much fun hanging out with Chris and Tahnie.



At the last minute (Stace I don't plan everything out (:) Shawn and I decided to head down to a cabin in Brianhead where all of my family was. Not just my parents and Spence, BUT THE WHOLE WESTRA FAMILY. The cabin was the kick off to the Westra family reunion for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary! Most of the family was there. . .I guess just all of the important ones. Other people have showed up later this week. It was a blast though. Lots of little kids running around. The little girl cousins love Shawn, he is so cute with them. We had a good game of Hearts and had a big yummy japanese dish. Shawn ditched out on the Hearts. He doesn't get why its so fun to us. Whatever. . .its just fun all being around a big table laughing and hanging out. Shawn and I went out on for 4 wheeler too!

Sunday we just did some more hanging out. Baby Justin fell asleep on my chest for a good 2 hours. I freaking loved it. We also all went to this little look out place. It was way pretty. . . but not just around the corner. This is what the Westras do. . .they are bossy for one. All "camp directors" AND whenever they want to go some where they always say "oh its so pretty! It won't take long! It's just around the corner" ya freaking right. It usually is pretty. . .but it takes forever and its always far away! haha "stupid" (: Shawn and I had to take off after dinner. We loved hanging out and watching home videos but after 2 days we started to get cabin fever. We had to be back to work and school for monday anyways.





That was our fun family filled weekend. Everyone is still in town for the Reunion so I'm sure I will have a lot to post later. Sorry for the novel! O and I will add pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment