Sunday, July 19, 2009

1 year anniversary!!!

Can you believe I have been married a year??? So crazy! Its funny because when you first get married everyone tells you the first year is the hardest. I really don't think it was that hard. . .old people are liars! We have had a great year. Someone once told us that you are newly weds until you have kids. So I guess we will be newly weds for a while!

Here are some of the things that have happened over the last year of marriage
1. We moved from our ghetto apartment in Midvale to a new/larger apartment in Holladay
2. Shawn is still coaching for Inter FC and loving it! When the boys move up an age group he moves with them, so we have pretty much the same boys/parents. He loves it and the parents "adore" him!
3. Our 5 year plan for having children is now 4 yrs!
4. I moved from doing insurance/billing at Lone Peak Dental to now doing the same thing at Sugarhouse Pediatric Dentistry. It was such a good move for me, and for shawn! I come home a lot happier (: and the Dr I work for is one of the nicest guys ever. I really miss the ladies of LPD but I still talk to them and see them often.
5. Shawn is a lot closer to finishing school! He is graduating this December and is so excited. He is also studying to take the LSAT in October. We will just kinda see how that goes and then go from there.
6. When we first got married Kevin and Chris were on missions. . . now Chris is home. . . and married (weird) and now Curtis is out too! Kevin comes home in 5 months! I'm getting so excited. Curtis is doing great in South Korea. . . kinda scary there
7. Ya i don't really think anything else has really changed. We are doing great and loving the summer time!
We didn't really do anything too crazy for our anniversary. we are poor! During our anniversary weekend we went to movies, did sealings, went to a Real game, went out for sushi a couple of times . . . and some other random stuff (: we had a nice relaxing weekend just being together!

This is us at the Real game. It was a really nice night!

My mom had saved us a slice of our wedding cake! I was expecting it to be disgusting, but it was actually really good. Before we ate it I was trying to remember the flavor and how it tasted, but I couldn't remember at all! How sad is that! I want to do our wedding day all over again! It was so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment