Tuesday, February 12, 2013

January- Baby shower month!

I told everyone that I really wanted to wait until I took my last board exam to do any baby showers.  It kind of made it crazy because they all came at once, but it was so much fun!
How far along? 34 weeks
Current weight: 129 + 24lbs
Maternity clothes? I'm still able to button my stretchy skinny jeans, and then I wear a lot of leggings still!
Stretch marks? nope
Sleep?  Not so much...
Name? We have 2 names that we love.  We really want to see her first.  It's funny because people don't believe us when we say that we haven't decided yet.  They think we just don't want to tell them!  When we do tell them the 2 names we like, people either say "oh they are both beautiful" or they give their input on which one they prefer and then tell us why they don't like the other.  It's really annoying.  
Miss anything? everything!  Jk, I've really had such a great pregnancy and feel so lucky.  
Movement? of course!
Food Cravings? Einsteins
Rings? on
Symptoms: I had my first real contractions. They hurt, but never got worse.  Kinda scary...Shawn and I kind of freaked out because we don't even have a car seat yet!
Looking forward to: First baby shower!

I took my last board exam on Jan 5th!  Such a crazy ridiculous test.  I had no clue if I passed or failed.  Results came at the end of the month in the mail. 
 Headbands and more headbands!
 How far along? 35 weeks
Current weight: 130!!! yikes! +25lbs
Maternity clothes? yes and no
Stretch marks? not any yet, fingers crossed 
Sleep?  Still wake up every night from like 2-5
Movement? Feeling very very uncomfortable!
Rings? On
Mood: So happy that boards are over with!  Just focusing on graduating now!  
Symptoms? I never thought this day would come, but my belly button is completely flat!
Looking forward to: having this baby!  & weekly appointments will be great. 

The first shower was my family shower + some friends. It was a crazy, loud, fun time. My mom hung up baby clothes of mine and then also cute baby pictures.  Everything was so cute and it was so much fun to see everyone.  I'm waiting for some pictures to be sent to me for a lot of the showers, I will post more later!
 From the family shower we got spoiled with a ton of clothes!!!
 Just some pictures that I found from looking at the picture album of my first year.  My cute uncle Johnny.  Crazy to think that he already knows my baby girl!
 Working hard on decor for the nursery!
 The next shower was the school friends!  Chandra worked so hard and it turned out so so cute!  
We did a 2 in 1 shower with Veronica who is due just 6 weeks behind me with a baby boy. 
 Cute cupcakes with my nursery colors...turquoise  & coral!
 Chandra. Chelsea. Lisa.
Chandra. Me. Veronica.
 How far along? 36weeks 
Current weight: 128 + 23lbs  Somehow managed to lose 2 lbs this week?
Maternity clothes? yes & no
Stretch marks? not yet
Sleep?  ugh, not very well at all!  Pinterest & instagram are my best friends in the middle of the night.  Doterra Deep Blue rub is also one of my best friends.  Love that stuff. 
Miss anything? Really missing being able to go to the gym and work up a good sweat!  I try to do yoga a few times a week...but its not the same. 
Movement? I think she is getting pretty squished!  Her movements aren't so much jabs and kicks anymore, they are more like rolls and slow movements. 
Food Cravings? Mini cadbury eggs season is here! wahooo
Rings? On
Mood?  I've been pretty emotional lately, more so than normal!
Looking forward to? Graduation.
Just a baby bump picture where baby girl is doing something to make my stomach lopsided. 
3rd shower was given by the soccer moms, Jill & Kioko.  It was so much fun!  Kioko made the best food, of course.  It's off season right now and I don't get to see any of the boys or parents so it was fun to catch up with them.  A lot of the boys came and hung out too, which was fun because Shawn was invited to stay too.  He was a bit skeptical at first, but ended up having a lot of fun!  It was also fun to see a few of the soccer moms from older teams that Shawn doesn't coach anymore.  Shawn's parents have always been so supportive of him and of us.  We were so spoiled!!! 
 Later that day, after the soccer mom shower we had Shawn's family shower.  Shawn had so much fun at the soccer mom shower that he decided to hang out at this one too(:  Mickie spent a month with the kids in california visiting Brandyn at work so she wasn't able to make it.  I know she wanted to!  Bre & Stacey did a great job with all of the food and decorations.  It was fun to see all of Shawn's family and family friends.  We got lots of fun "essential" items, seriously we got hooked up with all of the showers!  
 How far along? 37 weeks
Current weight: 130 +25 lbs
Sleep?  Not getting any better, but not getting any worse. 
Movement? yes and yes.  
Food Cravings? Not anything specific this week!
Showing yet? Well yes!
Rings? on
Symptoms? At my Doc's appointments he is always surprised at how low she is.  He has said a few times at how uncomfortable I must be...but I'm feeling pretty good!  By then end of a clinic day I "waddle" a lot  Her head is down and ready to go.  No dilation yet though!
 Just a sunday dinner with the brothers and husband.  It's so much fun to have Curtis and Spencer home from school.  Sunday dinners are SO MUCH more entertaining.  Lots of laughs.  My parents decided to go to Seattle for like 3 weeks...bad timing with the baby coming!!! Guess it was okay because she didn't decide to come early. 
So everyone had received their National Written Exam scores but me and Chandra...that's because we are procrastinators and took it in January when everyone else took it before Christmas.  We decided that we wanted to study over Christmas break...we don't have any kids so it wasn't that big of a deal to us.  Anyway, at the end of the month we finally got our results! This one came in the mail, just a little piece of paper saying PASS !  Wish we could know our score, oh well!  Feels so good to be all done with Boards!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment