Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Graduation time!

I cannot believe that this day is finally here.  The day where I no longer have school!  It has been the craziest last few years, almost 3 years.  Something like 1004 days or something?  I'm not positive.  Something like 11 quarters/terms?  and 22 modules? Anyone counting? ... because I'm not positive.  Like 44 classes and 155 credits? and over 1000 clinical hours?  Yah, those are all pretty exact.  
 Could not have made it through school with out my BFF hygiene friend Chandra.  Seriously love her so much. & then there is crazy professor Strasser pictured behind her.  I have a sticky note with a smiley face that she gave to me in the first module of clinic.  It was seriously the best thing that happened to me all module in clinic...that's how awful clinic was in the beginning.  
 So much time spent in this clinic.  So much stress.  I am very proud to say that I never once shed a tear in school.  Out of school?  Yes! I don't judge any of the girls who did...I am just so surprised that it never managed to happen to me.  Clinic was crazy!
 On my last day of school Shawn brought me home a card with flowers and Reeses Eggs.  So nice of him.  I should be getting him a huge present for supporting me and dealing with me through hygiene school.  He has been amazing the whole time...EXCEPT for when he had to be my patient. Biggest freaking baby.  
 Top Row: Kenalee, Kim, Kenzie & Chelsea
Middle Row: Prof Hemsley, Bobi, Lisa, Chandra, Leslie, Brittney, Amy, Rachel, Amanda, Prof. Anderson, Strasser, Dr. Johns, Sheila & Dr. Hyatt
Bottom Row: Prof. Lopez, myself, Veronica
 Graduation night we had a fun dinner at The Gathering Place at Gardner Village (where we had our wedding dinner).  
We have all been through so much together.  We all became pretty close!  Lower right: Veronica and I were wearing the same maternity dress.  Gotta love Target!
 See that award in the upper right?  I was given the award of "most likely to use an unnecessary amount of disinfectant".  Now does that sound like me?  haha.  In the end I ended up buying my own disinfectant so that I could wipe down the tables before class.  
 Me & Cha-nay-nay
 Top: Chandra and I with one of our favorite instructors, Professor Strasser.  She was one of the only ones who was with us from the very beginning.  She taught us so much, and she made clinic fun whenever she was  my instructor for the day. 
Bottom: Sheila in tears over seeing her two favorite students leaving her.  She was the clinic manager...for some reason everyone is scared of her.  Chandra and I love her!  She cared about us and made sure we were always doing okay. 
 Taking the dental hygiene oath...
Setting off our lanterns.  Shawn & Mike were pretty sure that we were going to start a fire.  
It was a fun night!  

So happy that school is finally over, and could not be more excited for this next chapter in our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment