Friday, December 31, 2010

Motab Christmas Concert

I have been wanting to go to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's annual Christmas Concert for a couple of years now. Everyone always talks about how amazing it is. It is pretty hard to get tickets...its like a lottery system or something. My grandparents got tickets and Ashley and I were able to go with them. I was so excited. This year their special guest was David Archuletta. I have loved him since American Idol.
Ashley and me on the Trax
It was bloody cold that night. Like 9 degrees or something. Due to a huge accident on the freeway we were a little late getting to the Trax which delayed our arrival. The lines getting into the Conference Center were insane.
So we stood in line and waited in the freezing cold.
We had our tickets in hand and thought once we got in the doors everything would be okay... WRONG! We got held up for a minute in security...gramma just couldn't figure out why she kept failing the metal detector test? Oh wait...her camera was in her pocket! But that was the least of our worries. Once we got down to our section the ushers told us that it was all full!

Is it wrong to say that I've never been so disappointed in my church in my whole entire life? Okay it's wrong...but its true. Our church is known for their organization. However the usher told us that they apparently give out more tickets than they have seats for! Um what the crap? OH AND... they assume that half of those ticket holders will not show up!!! Are you kidding me?

Dear church, do you even know how much these free tickets were going for on ksl, craigslist and ebay???

hmmm...so my gramma found two random single seats for Ashley and me, then the usher told my grandparents that they should be able to find seats up top. They told us to meet them in the lobby after the show.
The stage was so pretty!
David was amazing. I like his teeny-bopper pop music... but this is totally what he should be singing all of the time. Or maybe it was just him with the choir. Whatever it was it was just amazing. I love love lOvEd it!

So after the concert Ashley and I went to the lobby...no grandparents. Apparently everything was full. Even the overflow theaters! They were turned away and had to go to the north visitors center and watch the show on some dinky screen. We felt awful.

It was a great night though. I love spending time with my grandparents...they kept us laughing all night long.

Remember that one time, gramma, when we walked past some trumpet players in front of the square...they were playing jingle bells? You cheered and applauded them and then said to us "Oh I just wish they were playing Christmas music!!!"

1 comment: