Wednesday, December 15, 2010

"The legend of the beast...

...goes back a long long time ago. Back to before any one of us could even pick up a baseball."
- The Sandlot

Wow, I don't even know how many times I watched that movie as a kid! Definitely one of the best movies ever! Anyways...the other night we went to the infamous mexican Leatherbys. I just love that place!!! Shawn and I discovered it when we lived in our first apartment in the ghettos of downtown Midvale. It's a Leatherby's ice cream parlor...with an amazing mexican twist. I mean who wouldn't want a $1 tamale with their sundae?

Okay so the other night we went with my friend Suzy and her husband Paul. Paul's dad told him that we should stop by Vincent's Drugstore... it's the same drugstore that the kids from The Sandlot bought their baseballs from! And it just happened to be right around the corner. We were very excited about it and had to take pictures...fyi...about 4 years ago Suzy dared me to buy those boots that I am wearing...because they were so ugly. Now I wear them all the time and get asked where to buy them!
Shawn & Paul
After you are done at the drugstore you can walk across the street and experience both of these things... ?

We have had a lot of fun with Suzanne and Paul. We are all great friends now...actually more like a "square". Right Suz?

"The kids a square Bennie, a square!"
-The Sandlot

No comments:

Post a Comment