Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Jack is on Tour

My aunt & uncle ( Scott & Jenn) just had a new little boy on August 29th. He is so adorable. My grandparents were going to go visit them last week, but had a bad feeling about the drive. Scott & Jenn decided to pack up their 2 babies and head to them instead. They said they were "taking Jack on tour". haha. I'm so glad they did. They did it with Afton too. Jenn was on bed rest for a lot of her pregnancy so I think she was a little excited to go somewhere (even if she did complain about the Utah weather).

Important side note: I have wanted to name my first son Jack since I was about 14.
reasons why:
  • after my cute great grampa Jack. I have lots of memories of visiting them for lunch every week at their house on the golf course. I loved to lay on their sheep, fur blanket. He would sing lots of random songs to me. "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean" "Throw 'em Out the Window".
  • Back in the day when people weren't naming their kids Jack I thought it would be awesome.
  • Jack Bauer is one of my biggest heros. I love the show 24.
  • I freaking just love the name!
awww. So Jenn & Scott claim they didn't know I wanted it...except for that's pretty much a lie because everyone knows how long I've been talking about it. I was pretty devastated/mad for a while about the whole situation. And I had pretty much decided that I was going to name my kid Jack and make it super annoying when ever we were all together. But, as soon as I saw him I realized that he is a Jack...and I can't be mad...and I'm over it.
So cute! He has tons of dark hair, and lots of fur...like on the back of his ears. I could not get enough of him. I even got to fall asleep holding him a couple of times. He is such a good baby. I heard him cry like 1 maybe 2 times the whole 4 days I spent with them. Jenn kept telling me that he wasn't my baby. I wish he was...Except for when I attempted to change his diaper and he peed on me and was still kind of pooping. Good thing Gramma was right there!
My mom made some amazing cupcakes. We had to lick the bowl!
Jenn & Jack
I took Afton outside and started doing this with her on the long board. As soon as Scott came out she wanted nothing to do with me. He kept ruining our special bonding moments!!!
How cute is this picture? Emily kissing baby Jack.
Everyone came over for dinner.
The kids feeding Curtis' turtle Swayze

Kevin pushing Spencer & Afton.
Sunday we went to a near by park for a bit. Gramma kept taking pictures of the "beautiful clouds". They did look pretty cool...like someone painted them.
My mom made lots of yummy things while they were in town. She taught me how to make this easy bread recipe.
Afton loved Maggie!
I just got done making my own yummy bread! I'm so proud. I did it all by myself! Half of it is blackberry cream cheese, and the other half is cinnamon sugar with cream cheese.

So glad that Scott & Jenn came into town. We love them and their adorable kids!

PS...I didn't do so well with our plant based diet this last weekend...as you can see. But I haven't had any meat for 31/2 weeks!

2 comments:

  1. did you mean the baby was born August 29th, or September 29th of last year??? That bread tooks so so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I HONESTLY didnt know about the whole naming your baby Jack thing!!! ;) It is the greatest name ever though <3

    ReplyDelete