Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Movie stubs in my purse

This year I decided to keep my movie stubs every time we see a movie. I thought that it might be fun in the future to look back and see what movies we saw. Maybe my kids will think it's cool or something?

Anyway. I thought I would do a one line review for each of them. Could be a new tradition on the blog. We will see how it goes.
I have tried to keep all of the stubs, but I think I have thrown away a couple of them. Oh well...
Starting at the top left (5 *'s are possible).
  • Expendables: Old guys (who used to be famous) promoting botox. **
  • The Switch: the cute little boy totally made the movie, we were pleasantly surprised. ****
  • Inception: We saw it after hearing how amazing it was...so of course it wasn't that amazing to us. It was super hard for me to follow, but out of the box. ****
  • Other Guys: Awesome one liners...but too long, it got boring **
  • Eclipse: A lot better than the other movies, Bella is getting less awkward (or maybe I'm getting used to her awkwardness). **
  • Salt: How the hell is Angelina Jolie, or Evelyn Salt, supposed to kick the crap out of people when she is ridiculously under weight??? We loved it!!! *****
  • The A-Team: Totally surprised us...enjoyed it. ****
  • Grown Ups: Mediocre comedy...you could predict all of it...so disappointing. *
  • Toy Story 3: We didn't love it, but we didn't hate it...cute ending. **
  • Knight & Day: Cameron Diaz is looking pretty old...same with Tom Cruise...cute chick flick I guess. ***
  • Green Zone: Makes me wonder what our government is hiding from us. ****
  • Sherlock Holmes: Not my kind of movie, I like to go to movies to relax...thinking is not relaxing to me. ***
  • Killers: I love Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl (big fan since Grey's Anatomy) it was a good chick flick, but had a really weird, abrupt ending. ***
  • Prince of Persia: Why did Reese Witherspoon break up with Jake? ****
  • Iron Man 2: I hate Scarlett Johansson, everyone else was awesome. ****
  • Despicable Me: This was by far the best movie of the summer...Shawn says he has never heard me laugh through out a movie like I did with this one...SO CUTE *****
  • Robin Hood: This was one that we snuck into after seeing another movie. Can't wait to see it again. ****
  • Date Night: Shawn and I are watching this movie right now...we loved it. Steve Carell + Tina Fey = Hilarious *****
  • Valentine's Day: Lots of big actors...kind of depressing...but good. ***
  • Dinner for Schmucks: The only part that was good was the dinner...the rest was lame. **
  • The Last Song: Happy sad movie, its good once you get over Miley's constipated faces. ***
  • Cop Out: This is another one that totally surprised us...laughed thru the whole thing! ****
  • When in Rome: Kind of lame, but I love Josh Duhamel...its one that I will buy when its on sale for 5 bucks. **
  • She's out of my League: ehhh alright, really funny at times. ***
  • Edge of Darkness: Another one that makes you think about our twisted government, totally recommend it. ****
  • Extraordinary Measures: Shawn loved it...it was too long for me...but it did have a great story. ***
  • The Bounty Hunter: Not one of my fav Jenn Aniston movies. **
  • The book of Eli: I have had a big crush on Denzel for a long time...for obvious reasons...really different...we loved it. *****
We love going to movies. It's something cheap that will keep us entertained for a couple of hours.

5 comments:

  1. that's a lot of movies! we rarely go the movies. but i looks like this year might be a record for me... i've seen 9 of your movies... we usually go to about 3 a year... we are renters.

    i liked bounty hunters better than i thought i would...
    felt the same way about last song... loved the book, but have a hard time with miley.
    loved date night...
    valentines day was pretty good.
    don't remember the ending of killers... i remember liking the movie
    inception was strange, would like to see it again.
    Liked Knight and day... probably because i am old too...
    loved toy story, you will like it when you send a kid off to school
    felt the same way about eclipse. not a big fan of bella's actress. a little weak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap you saw alot of movies. I still want to see Despicable ME, maybe we will see that this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea for a post! We are total movie goers too. Date Night was sucha wonderful surprise for us too. We love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have that much extra room in your wallet/purse for those!? I dont't lol! It has been over 2 years since my husband and I have been to movie theater together. It's because we have a baby now. I've been to a theater a couple times with out him because of outings with the girls or my sisters but not with my hubby :( We need to find a sitter and go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the reviews, keep em' coming. I have added most of them to my Netflix queue, we are lame and never make it out to the movies. I will continue to look to you for more recommendations.

    ReplyDelete