Sunday, August 8, 2010

This & That...tournament, pedicures, 24th of july, Grampa Allgood's funeral, ice cream madness, baby Hayden & another tournament!

I have been lazy lately...actually more like really busy & stressed lately.

*************************************************

Tis the season for lots and lots of soccer tournaments. Last month we had one in Logan with the '97 team. That tournament is always a lot of fun.

At dinner with the parents at that yummy train station Mexican place. Doesn't Shawn look cute in my glasses?

Guest player Dakota (he is my new aunt Rebekah's cousin!), Sean, Sam & Jake.
We had to help with some rides to the fields. Smelly boys!

Shawn has started a tradition to do ice baths every year at this tournament. The boys seriously LOVE it. They complain, but really they would be so disappointed if he didn't do them. This year Shawn decided to join in on the fun.

*****************************************************


Stacey treated Mick & me to pedicures one evening.


*************************************************

The 24th of July was spent at Mickie's little lake by her house. I didn't take any pictures but we had fun. That evening we went to the Real game and stayed for the fireworks. It was such a hot, sticky night!



**************************************************

Shawn's Grampa passed away July 23rd. His funeral was last Saturday. At the funeral Shawn read a cute little letter he wrote to his grampa. I will have to post it on here later, if he will let me.

Brothers


A lot of Shawn's cousins and aunts and uncles came into town last week for the funeral. We spent almost every night hanging out. We both really enjoyed it.

**************************************************

I had to give a presentation in my Communications class this last week. I decided to do it on how to make ice cream. . . Ben & Jerry's ice cream. I have one of their recipe books. I seriously have made SO MUCH ice cream the last couple of weeks! Our freezer was packed!

Just some of the many flavors...Raspberry, Chocolate Peanutbutter, Chocolate Cinnamon & Cookie Dough. They are all so yummy. We have lots left over so come over and help me eat it!!!

**********************************************

Hayden Tate Schneider was born August 3rd!

It was a long, long day for Mickie. He was not ready to come out! Mickie asked if I wanted to be in the room this time...of course I said yes! It was such an awesome experience that I will never forget. I was surprised by how emotional/spiritual it was. AND she made it look like a piece of cake. She was laughing thru most of it.


**************************************************

Both of Shawns teams played in the Park City tournament this last weekend. It's always hard having 2 teams in a tournament because Shawn is running around like crazy...and there are always a couple of games that conflict with each other. Both of his teams did really well, they both took 2nd place for their age groups. Of course the 2 finals were at the same time. The coaching director took the older boys, and Shawn took the younger. In between games we went to lunch with Kioko & Karl. I love them. I should have taken a picture. Then we met up with some of the boys and saw "Salt" (loved it, surprisingly).

Shawn, Porter, Jordan, Donovan, Joe, Max, Jake & Connor.
Bing, Sam, Sean, Christian, Bailey, Braden, Dillan & Cameron.

2 comments:

  1. Wow... girl! You are on the run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you were able to witness a baby being born!!!It is amazing- hard to explain unless you have been there.
    Keep up the good work with school and being a wife! It it wasn't hard you wouldn't be doing it right!
    Love ya! Julie

    ReplyDelete