Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Rick's Birthday Tribute & Park City Tournament

I have been waiting to post about Rick's birthday because I wanted to do special birthday tributes this year for special people...I told Shawn he was in charge of his family...and that's why there has yet to be one for Mickie & Rick. I will just have to do them myself I guess!

Shawn plays in the Park City Tournament every year with his men's league. This year he asked his brother Chris and a couple friends to guest play. It was a lot of fun. The tournament happened to be over Rick's birthday (which I think Shawn & Chris playing soccer together was the best birthday present). On Saturday, July 10 we all went to their afternoon game as a family and then headed to the Homestead, where Rick & Stacey were staying, for a little birthday dinner.

I had fun pushing Kallie & Talan

Payson loved it when I gave him "under doggies" on the swing. I love swinging in the summertime. . .


Everyone hanging out after dinner

Preslie

After dinner we went swimming. I thought this was a pretty funny picture of Shawn & Preslie.

Rick & Stacey

tRiBuTe To RiCk


Rick is one of the best men I know

he's definitely the most selfless guy around

he will do anything for anyone and not expect anything in return

he is a very hard worker and makes sure his family has everything that they need

Rick is a great Dad & Grampa

he is extremely nonjudgmental

he puts up with all the drama & never complains

he is very easy-going

I'm so lucky to have a father-inlaw like Rick. He really is so great, and there is not one bad thing that I could ever say about him. He has raised an awesome son. Shawn has learned so much from his Dad and I'm so grateful that Shawn has such an awesome Dad to learn from and look up to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The tournament was July 10 & 11. The guys made it to the semi-finals. I think they had a lot of fun & I know Shawn enjoyed playing with his brother & friends.

Jared Trusell, James, Me, Shawn & Chris

Sunday was the World Cup Finals. In between games we went to a restaurant to watch the game. I found us these sweet seats right in front a TV.

Spain ended up winning the game in overtime. It was a lot of fun to watch. We are very sad that World Cup is over...hopefully next World Cup we will be in Brazil.

I couldn't get a good picture of the guys...they are lame!

I had fun going to all of the guy's games. Shawn says I'm a good wife to tag along and go to all of the games with them...and he's right (; haha All weekend long they had been doing construction in the canyon. It was getting really bad, so Shawn decided to take this random way home. It was pretty intense...dirt roads...angry husband...but really, really, pretty scenery. It reminded me of my childhood going to Mt Rainier.....with out the glacier & river of course. When we were halfway up the mountain we found out that there wasn't any traffic going home the other way. oops!

2 comments:

  1. You sound like the best soccer wife EVER! Shawn better know how lucky he is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do have the BEST dad in the whole world. way cute tribute and i know my dad thought it was pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete