Sunday, September 9, 2012

We're having a baby!

 When Shawn and I first got married we had a "5 year plan".  We wanted to wait a while to have kids.  We all know that plans change...all of the time.  After about 2 1/2 years or so of being married we decided that we "were ready" to start trying to have kids.
 Trying to get pregnant was an emotional roller coaster...and I have so much more love for women who aren't able to get pregnant easily, or aren't able to have children at all. I secretly hated the girls who had 6+ kids and were still going.  I hated the little pregnant teenagers walking down the street with their little posse.  & it got so frustrating to see friends getting pregnant within a few months of trying!  I prayed to not have these feelings, but some days it was so hard! We weren't even trying for years and years, I can't imagine what it is like for couples who do.
 The beginning of June I found out that I was pregnant.  We were so excited, and also super scared.  After having a miscarriage a little over a year ago it was hard not to be scared every second of every day throughout the first few months.  We decided that we needed to celebrate and be grateful that we were pregnant, instead of being scared of something bad happening at any moment.  

We had a gift card to Ruth's Chris, so we decided to make a reservation and have a nice dinner.  It was yummy!

A couple of days after finding out that I was pregnant I went to Goodwill and found this old picture/frame and made a chalkboard.  It was my favorite idea from pinterest. 
A before and after picture...
This is my nonexistent baby bump at 4 weeks

On our 4 year anniversary, June 27, we were able to have our first ultrasound at only 7 weeks.  It was so fun to see our little peanut.  The heartbeat was strong, and we started to feel a lot more "safe".  It was so comforting to see that little flicker of a heartbeat.  The baby was measuring right at 7 weeks, which puts baby's due date on Valentines Day 2013.  We are already in love and can't wait for this next adventure in our life. 

3 comments:

  1. I love the chalkboard. I'm so happy for you guys. I'm sorry you had a hard time trying. I didn't know that. I'm really really happy for you and that everything is ok now. I can't wait to see her! She will be perfect! And you will be such a perfect mommy. She's a lucky baby! .....you are having a girl, right? I think you said that on facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete